Narrator 001: Saving People

Ah, now we get back to me.

I closed the book and sighed. Nothing was going well here. Despite the many hours my friends had been gone, the friends they left behind were STILL asleep! Like, what in the world!?

Suddenly, I heard groaning and shifting and the next thing I knew, Forest was awake, as well as Timothy.

"Great!" I shouted to them. "Now, you guys watch over the others! I have somewhere to go!"

Before the two could protest, I had run off, leaving the two confused and annoyed boys behind me.

I admit, it was interesting to read about what was going on, but I wanted to be in the action! I'm not standing by the sidelines anymore!

I remembered the description I had read and took a face mask out of my pocket to block the incoming stench.

Thank goodness the mask had a rose-like scent to it!

I passed through the wasteland and the castle rooms in a flash, running the entire time while saying my answers.

Oh, and if you want to know the secret I told (which I only had one minute to reply to), I'll say it, although you may know it already.

I have a book that can let me read into people's minds.

I opened the door to the room my friends were in now. By then, I had read what had happened, and I was glad that I was able to get there in time.

"Here!" I shouted, holding out the necklace that had been on my neck and dropped it into the man's hand. He seemed to calm down, and he smiled.

"Thank you," he said before a bright flash came from the pendant, making us all cover our eyes.

There, a man stood. He was almost exactly like the former man that had been standing there, except he now wore gray clothing and had a calmer expression. The walls that had once been black were now gray, as well, and light shone through the windows. I dared to look out the windows and saw that what had once been a wasteland of rotting human corpses were now a field of smiling people.

Mr. Block took off the device on his arm, and the tube walls lowered, causing all their inhabitants to fall out. I ran up to Talia and Inama, a smile shining on my face. I didn't care anymore about what had happened to Inama. I was just glad they were both okay!

People started waking up, and, realizing where they were, hurriedly ran out to go back to wherever they used to be. Maybe out of instinct?

"Now, I can finally protect them all! We will defeat Amik Gad for sure!" 

Suddenly, a boom sounded, and a horrifying scene filled my mind as I witnessed the man that had been smiling seconds earlier had his body drop to the ground...

And his head rolling to Brandon's feet.