Ch. 12: Have you finally lost your sanity mom?

Chapter Twelve

"So what you're saying is, all this time while we think you're rot in your room," Louisa look at me with furrowed brows, "You've been working on this shit all this while?"

I nodded, "Yeah that's right."

After another few hours of spending in the office discussing about what I've learned and what they think about my suspects, we decided to call it a day with each of us going back home with research to complete.

By now, Louisa and me already put aside our school shit to put all our attention on this work. We have another three months before they would make a move. And we need to know who is our potential suspects, so we know who to look for when the day comes.

Louisa chuckle lowly, "I can't believe you actually work on this alone without letting me know. You know I would always help you, that's why I'm here at the first place." She said almost sound upset at the fact I've been keeping her in the dark.

I shove her shoulder lightly, "You know I'm like that, Lou. That's one of the few things I've picked up from Dad." I told her with a small smile on my face.

She smile softly at me, "I know Elaina, I know. It's just that I feel like we barely talk anymore."

I frowned at her, not understanding what she's trying to say. She sigh, "I mean sure we talk, but I feel like we've never share talk about what's bothering us anymore. We've distant. Damien notices how you're distant from us."

I furrowed my brows, "Lou, I'm okay. I just need to focus on the mission. We're coming close to the deadline and we don't know where to begin our search with." I told her sighing loudly and rubbed my eyes. "I promise if there's anything bothering me, you know you're the first person I'll confide."

She grinned at me smugly, "Oh I know. I just want to hear you said it out loud."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance but a smile still on my face. We walk up to our driveway and Louisa unlock the door before we walk in.

"Mom we're home!" Louisa called out as we shrug off our coats and take off our shoes, "Mom? Damien?"

She turn to me, "Did they say anything about not being at home tonight?"

I frown, "No I don't think so."

She groaned and went to the living room while I went upstairs to have a quick shower. I went straight to my bathroom after I grab my clothes which is basically my shorts and hoodie since it feels a little chilly at this moment.

After cleaning myself, shave my legs and all that jazz, I went back to my room to brush out my hair and do my daily skin care routine.

I'm bless with clean face, yes. But I do still have pimples and all that so obviously I do have skin care routine that I do but only when I had the mood to do it.

"Lou? Elaina? You girls home?" I heard Mom called out before Louisa respond something incoherent.

"We have guests! Elaina, get your ass down here!" Damien called out almost grumbling, then I heard Mom scolded him for his language.