Ch. 44: Wanna get married?

Forty-Four

Jon has volunteered to make us breakfast the next morning we woke up, which later got offended when we judge his cooking skills. "This feels nice," He said as he put a plate in front of me and Lou, "If this is what family feels like... I love it."

"Maybe you should start looking for love and potentially give us a step-mother." Lou teased. We know how Jon feels around woman. Ever since mom, now that we know she's the woman that broke his heart, he never really did date anyone. I heard of his hookup stories from all the gossips in our office, but none of the woman he slept with ever got his interest. She glance at me raising an eyebrow, "El I think your phone has been vibrating."

I look down on my phone and sure enough, someone is calling me. Kyle. I let out a groan, realising that maybe it is time to face him and tell him how I really feel. I've been staying up late night, thinking about him. The fact that ever since Kyle approached me and wanted another chance, he never really leave me alone. He keep texting me, reminding of that idea. And then I think about Jack. Even though he always flirts with me, and even though he knows that he may have a serious competition with Kyle, he give me my space. He never pressure me about choosing him, or pressure me about his feelings for me. At the end of the day, all I can remember is how Jack has always been patience with me while I'm cleaning out my mess. He let me take one step at a time.

"Did you know he texted me in the middle of the night asking me why you never pick up his calls or answer his texts?" Louisa mused as she rolled her eyes, "I blocked him though. I feel like I'm the one dating him and he's irritating."

I scoffed, "You have no idea." I grumbled. "And to think that I should give him a second chance? No way."

Jon sighed heavily, "Is it okay if I threatened whoever it is you'll end up dating? I have a shotgun back at my apartment."

"Well you better prepared your shotgun for Lou's bf here pops." I told him grinning at his confused expression, "She is dating Cameron if that kind of slip your memory."

Lou gasped and smack my arm, "That's not very nice! Cam is a sweetheart okay?" She exclaimed and point her finger at Jon. "You better be nice to him, it took him months to finally ask me out."

Jon put his hand up, "Hey he was here for dinner last night and I behaved."

•••

As I sat across the table, staring into his eyes, I feel as though I was the one who hurt him from the start. I've agreed to meet up with Kyle at the diner we used to go to get our late dinner after our errands for the wedding. I pushed the box that contain the engagement ring towards him when he look at me with despair. I can count on my fingers on how many ex boyfriend I have, zero. Of course I had an eye candy as I grew up, but nothing really gets to me until after I met with Jack. Ever since then, I guess Jack has always been the one holding my heart even when I didn't realise that sooner.

And even though Kyle hold a part of me with him, nothing can beat what I feel for Jack. It took me awhile to realise this shit, but I've finally figured it out. Jack is and will always be the one I want and need.

"You never once waited for me Kyle. You're always one step ahead. You didn't wait for me." I really don't know how to deal with this 'let-down-easy' I don't want us to have any hard feelings at the end of this day. "You have always been pressuring me to make choices so soon. And I appreciate the effort you put to make us work, but I'm sorry. We're just not compatible."