Ch. 32: Louisa and therapy

Thirty-Two

I let Halsey lead me around the mall as we wait for Sage to end high school. My phone buzz in my pocket and I pull it out to check the text.

'Come home pls. I'm sorry, we can talk about this.' The first message reads.

'We only had each other Elaina, come back.' The last one stated. I don't think I have ever stay away from Louisa this long. I mean we did once, when I was recruited and was sent away to Dubai for a very first mission. I was away for almost a year and a half. But we were on good terms, when I was gone.

But right now, I walked away cause we're nowhere near being okay. We both fucked up and I was being too egoistic to show my fucking face back at home.

"So I know how this must be so awkward for you," I heard Halsey spoke as she spin and facing me, "And I wanted to make you feel at least a bit less awkward I'm gonna tell you three intriguing facts about Halsey."

I raise a brow at her, anyone that speaks of themselves as the third party deserves to be my friend. I nod, "Okay then tell me these three facts."

She grin cheekily, "First things first when I was a kid I fell down the stairs and I had this bump on my butt that never really goes away and I cover it with a tattoo." I blink surprise at that, "Secondly, in 2013 I bought this giant life size teddy bear. I still have it, just when people coming over I like to keep it away. So only now you know I do have a soft side. Thirdly, I'm not a goody two shoes as how you might think I'd be."

"Ah but you lived up to the good girls expectations," I teased.

She rolled her eyes, "I fucked things up so many times. And instead of making it right, I always seem to make it worse." I silently said  tell me about it as I agreed to her. I do seem to make it worse when I fucked shit up. "Anyways, I figured these are the best intriguing facts of Halsey. Not many know these fact you know."

I grin, "I'm honoured that you have chose to share these interesting facts of yourself." I countered and nudge her with my elbow. "But the butt tattoo? I think the boys you slept with would have known."

Halsey snorted, "Trust me they don't. They all too busy trying to get their release, they can't pay any other attention on my body parts."

My eyes widened in surprise, with a body like hers, anyone would want to try and memorise every curve of her body but again- I'm not surprise that all they can think of is their dicks and their needs to be released. It feels like we walk for so many hours when Halsey suddenly call on someone and waved her hand frantically. I glance up and noticed Sage brown hair as she walk over to us. I freeze when our eyes met. She furrowed her brows and look at me from head to toe, "Hey Hals. I didn't know you're going to bring a friend."

Halsey grin as she flip her blonde hair back, "Oh this is Elliot. She's new in class so I thought there's no harm done being her friend." She explained. "I hope you don't mind but Elliot legit just register midways."

I force a smile on my face and held my hand out, "Hey Halsey been telling me a lot about you." I said politely, hoping that Sage wouldn't recognise me as Elaina Morris. Didn't matter the nerd one or the real one- the one that once got engaged to her brother.