Ch. 20: Feeling something for Kyle

Twenty

Kyle has been holding on to my hand as we walk to wherever he's taking me. It's been awhile since I've actually talk to him ever since he was being accused as the target.

I haven't told him anything about it, obviously I don't have to since I can't tell if he is working for them.

"You know I don't like you right?" I asked, the wedding is around the corner. A week from now and that's the wedding. A month from today and that's when they will strike the school.

It has been a very busy month for me. Jack didn't talk to me much, neither did I try talking to him too.

Kyle nodded, "Yeah I know that."

I stop walking which causing Kyle to halt in his step since he's holding on to my hand. He turn and look at me quizzically, "What's wrong?"

"At your work, what do you do?"

He look at me weirdly, "I'm taking over my dad's business. I told you that a week after we're engaged." When I didn't say anything else, he sigh and let my hand go before cupping my face and make me look up slightly at him, "If you have any doubt about me Elaina, I can promise you I'm not a bad guy. I told you I'm going to make this work and I'm not gonna fucked this up."

I close my eyes, "I don't know what's going on anymore." I told him truthfully. "I like Jack."

I open my eyes and look at him, his face turn blank as he let my face go. His body went rigid as he stare at me. I breathe in and out, "I've like him for quite some time. He knows-" I paused and take another time to breathe, "And he likes me too."

I don't know how long we stand that way with him staring at me, void of any emotions while I play with the hem of my dress. "Will you say something please?"

He blink and then look away, his jaw clenched as he take a few deep breath. "Let's go."

He turn and continue his walk leaving me behind, not bothering to look back if I was following him. I sigh, I'm the one who fucked this up so I can't complain much now can I?

We end up at a cliff with a killer view. A mountain at a distant, ocean crashing right below and then I get to watched the sun sets.

"This is my quiet place." I heard him said, "I come here a lot when I need to make decision that could change my life."

I smile, "It's a beautiful view."

"Yeah, not many heard of this place." He stated, "It was quite dirty at first, a lot of twigs and leaves but I manage to clean it up everytime I came by."

I turn to him, he was watching me as he speak. "I know I'm probably the last person you would want to marry. But you've promise we will make this work."

"And I'm trying!" I exclaimed, "But I told you my all time crush like me back, what was I supposed to do? Ignore him?"

"You're engaged to me Elaina," he reminded me for what feels like hundred of times, "Are you just going to call this off? The wedding is less than a week. You could have told me sooner and I would call us off!"