Ch. 45: The end, sort of?

Forty-Five

I look at my own reflection, wearing a light pink dress, my hair curls nicely to frame my face and a light makeup to make me look more alive rather than the living zombie that I always am. "Oh my god what if I trip on my own foot and fall in this stupid gown?" Louisa exclaimed horrified at that thoughts, "What if dad step on my gown and are the one causing me to fall?"

We all groaned. Louisa is like an hour away from getting married to the man of her dream, and she's been coming up with potential disaster that could have happened during her walk down the altar or as the ceremony take place. So far, she's been coming up with what if she farted halfway through her vow, what if she yawn during the priest's speech, all these what ifs and nothing can calm my sister's nerve.

"I'm telling you Lou, everything will go smoothly." Halsey reassures her as she give her best smile, but we all know deep down she's annoyed. We all are. I love my sister but she gotta calm her titties down. She have nothing to worry about. Louisa nod her head as she breathe in and out, "Okay everything will be okay. I have you girls. And dad."

It's been 5 years since the last mission and my closure with almost everyone that sort of had an issue with me. Or I have an issue with them. We're even comfortable enough to called Jon Dad now. He couldn't be more happier. Even though he's the world handsome bachelor according to some women, but Lou and I think he's seeing someone at the moment. I rubbed my big belly, smiling to myself. "What are you smiling about?" I heard Louisa asked. She sound so much more calmer now.

I look over my shoulder at her as I hold my belly, "Can you believe that just five years ago I was hysterical about the chances of me not able to conceive a child?"

"Well you left out the part where the doctor said you need treatment to prevent further damages to it." Louisa snorted, "Either way you're pregnant of your baby number two and yet aren't married?" She raised her brows at me expectantly.

I hold my hand up, "Don't point your fingers at me. It's Jack who knocked me up twice without putting a ring on it." I said holding up my left hand that's clearly showing a diamond ring on my finger. Everyone gasped.

"Shut up! He proposed already!" Halsey scream as she jump up and down. "When was it? Where? Is it sweet and romantic?"

I laughed, "Actually he proposed to me in the middle of the night when I'm trying to get myself a glass of water." I told them rolling my eyes, still with a stupid smile on my face that only appear whenever it's about Jack or with Jack. "I mean I don't care how he does it at this point of time. I just need him to put a ring on my finger so we can get married already."

"Fair enough." Halsey replied with a nod.

"Oh my god we gotta go now!" Sage announced as she hurriedly drag us all out the door, being careful with Louisa's gown. "Grab your damn flower!"

Half and hour later, we all got to the location where the wedding will be held. At the church where Dad usually take us during Sunday's when we're all young. A tear escaped my eye at the memory of Dad whispering in my ear trying to bribe me to behave. Even though I've accepted Jon as my dad, no one can replace the man who raised me to who I am today. Even Jon understand that.

"Been so long huh." I heard Louisa from beside me as she stood and look up at the church, "Nothing change much. Just still the same, maybe only looking more modern."