Ch. 23: The Wedding

I know most of you going to expect a point of view from Kyle, but not yet! You're not getting a chapter from him just yet! This will be back to Elaina's point of view. But don't you worry, I promise there will be Kyle's POV very soon.

So for now, enjoy this chapter my lovelies!

Twenty-Three

I can't sleep knowing that my wedding will be tomorrow but I can't find it in my heart to be excited about this. I actually feel nausea at the thought of being with Kyle.

Just this evening when he came by, we had an argument cause I'm having second thoughts about it and he don't understand me. I mean he refuse to let me explain myself and just stomp out of the room and slammed the door.

Who does that?

"Elaina, are you okay?" I heard Damien asked as he open the slide door and join on the porch. I sat on the swing which is by the side of the house, I bring my legs up and rest my chin on my knee.

I shrug, "Wedding kind of freak me out." I told him truthfully. "And I'm confused."

"About your feelings for Jack and Kyle I presume?" He asked.

My eyes widened and I turn to look at him, he laugh. "Yes I know Elaina. You're my sister of course I know what's going on half the time." He told me.

I sigh, "It's fucked up huh."

He nodded, "Yes you're in a messy situation." He agreed. "But then why don't you look at the bright side. You're marrying a loaded guy."

I groaned, "Damien!"

He chuckle, "Okay okay I'm joking!" I rolled my eyes and grunted. "Jack likes you, you like him. And now Kyle actually falling for you too, I see it in his eyes. The way he just look at you when you smile and laugh. But then I can also see how much Jack actually cares about you. He look like he's ready to put his world around you just to keep you safe and happy. Question is, who do you feel mostly at home with? Who can you actually see having a family together? Grow old?"

I didn't say anything as I listen to him, Damien can be a bit immature most of the times but he always give the best advice. He won't say the words you want to hear, in fact he said the words you need to know and that's what I like most about my brother. He always know what I need.

"Listen, the only one who truly know who she need is you. Your heart tells you what it desire. Sure it's tough situation, but you got to do it you know. This not only involve just two hearts, it involve yours too. You hurt yourself trying to protect someone's heart and you hurt yourself trying to keep mom happy."

"I don't know Damien." I sigh, "It seems like a good idea to me at that time when I said yes."

He nodded, "We make decisions without think it through. We often regret most of the decisions we made, but that's life. You make mistakes, you learn from it." He said smiling at me warmly. "You just have to figure this out, kiddo. You always will."

He pat my knee a few times and got up, "And while you going to sit here and find your inner peace I think I'm just gonna go get some sleep. Goodnight."