Chapter 4: Arranged

Dina POV

"Do you want to eat with us?" Jinyoung went to my seat and ask. "It's fine." I said packing my things; it's lunch time which is no doubt. "Please eat with us!" Bam bam beg. I hesitated. "Let's go." Mark said staring right into my soul. I gulped a bit because it's kind of scary. "Let's go!" Jackson cheered and pulls me along. With no choice I could only follow them. When we walk pass the crowd I saw Jina. I wanted to ask for help but she just winked at me. So I have no more saviors.

At the table, on my left was Jackson, my right was Yugyeom and opposite it's Mark. It's very awkward although they were enjoying themselves with fun. "Mark, Ah... I'll feed you." Serine said holding the spoon in front f Mark's mouth. I know I shouldn't be feeling anything but I just feel my heart is broken. "Dina, your phone is ringing." Jackson snaps me out of my thoughts. "Sorry." I stood up and went to pick my phone up.

"Dina my dear." Mom said once I answer the call.

"Yes, mother." I answered

"Be home early okay?" she said.

"Alright but why?" I ask

"We have things to discuss." She said.

"Alright, see you omma." I said.

"See you my dear." Then she hangs up.

I went back to the table and they are still messing around. "I'll get going now." I said, since I have nothing to do. "See you in music class." Yugyeom said while others bid me goodbyes except Mark and Serine. I walk away to get ready for my next class. My mind was occupied by the train of thoughts of what omma wants to discuss.

The bell rang and the students gathered in the music room. "It's your senior year which means you are graduating soon. So I want you all to come up with a duet." The teacher announced. The students get excited and start murmuring. "I'll put you in groups of course." The teacher said and everyone groan. She then starts pairing us up. "Dina, you'll go with JB." The teacher said. "I want to work with Dina!" Jackson whined. "Sorry boy, she is working with me." JB said and went to my side. I just look at him with an awkward look.

After all the pairings, the teacher let us discuss about the performance. Then I and JB decide to sing 'Breath' by Taeyeon and Jonghyun.

After a long day, classes finally are dismissing. I walk home with a heavy heart. I was unsure of what mom is going to tell me. When I reach home, my mother asks me and Jina to dress nicely because we are going to eat at an elegant restaurant. I just wore a simple baby pink dress with white heels.

As everybody was done dressing we went to the 'elegant' restaurant. I wasn't sure what this leads to until I saw the restaurant. No, it's the same restaurant where I was arranged with Mark in my past life. I was hesitating but there is no way to turn back now. Hope it's not the same thing happening.

When we walk in the restaurant, I saw the Tuan family. Here we go again... Mark was staring intently at me. I greeted his parents and he did the same to my parents. Then we all sit down and Mark was just opposite me. It was awkward that I just keep on staring at the plate. "I see nothing special in the plate." Mark said out of the blue and imitating me looking at the plate trying to think how was it special. But I didn't say a single word, I just look at him. He then looks back at me.

After I don't know how many 'hours' has gone; the food finally came. The dinner so far went normal, not until we all are having dessert. "I think it's time to tell our kids this." Mark's mother said. My parent's and Mark's father nodded. "Mark and Dina, we decide to put you two in marriage after you two graduates." Mark's mom said with a wide smile. While I was caught off guard, Mark was the same. Jina was surprise too. "No, mom you know I have a girlfriend." Mark reacted. "Break it off, I never liked her anyway." Mark's mom said. "Excuse me." Was all I said and left the table to the washroom.

I stared at myself in the mirror, it was déjà vu. I pull myself together and went out. "I'm not agreeing on this." Mark was furious; he looks at me with his murderer eyes. I was out of words like I could do anything.

"That is final Mark. Stop." Mark's father said. With all these, we end our dinner. I was quiet the whole time. Jina patted my shoulder, I think she notice that is not what I want but I don't have a choice. When I reach home I quietly went to my room. I just want to put myself to sleep and forget everything. I remember I did request of staying away but why is it bringing us close again. "I did, but fate didn't allow it." A voice appears. It was the same voice when I woke up at the unknown grass field. At that moment, I got it, I just have to go with the flow and I could choose.