05

"Thank you," he uttered those words shyly as he ate his free ice cream. _____ smiled and nodded, getting ice cream all over her cheeks and face.

"So," she said, wiping her mouth with a tissue (she missed her chocolate-covered cheeks) "how was first day of school?"

"What are you, my mom?"

"I'll lick your ice cream if you don't answer me properly."

He scoffed, "School went fine, _____."

She cleared her throat, gesturing for him to redo his sentence. He rolled his eyes along with a groan. "School went fine, _____-noona."

_____ smiled triumphantly, the ice cream on her cheeks still incredibly visible. "Thank you, Jungkook."

Ice cream still in hand, Jungkook couldn't help but stare at the frozen dessert spread all over her face.

Which lead to admiring her features.

Almost-always enraptured eyes, long eyelashes, apple cheeks, a beautiful nose, pinkest lips, silky hair - a beautiful woman.

Except with all the chocolate still smothered all over her face like foundation. Angry and frustrated, he told his noona to hold his ice cream cone while reaching for the handkerchief he always kept in his pocket.

"What're you doing?" She queried, looking up at him.

"Hold still," he pulled her chin with one hand, using the other to do his best on wiping all of the ice cream off of her face. She turned her head left and right, evading his hand. "Noona, you look incredibly stupid with all that ice cream all over your face! I'm trying to help you. Now stay still."

Taken aback by his demand, _____ nodded slowly. For a few minutes it had remained like that, the proximity of their faces unfathomable as they stood only a few centimetres apart. Jungkook, at that moment, seemed stoic as ever, but the truth? His heart raced. Blood roared through his ears, and he was sure his reddened cheeks were as conspicuous as daybreak. He could feel the girl staring at him, half incredulous, half embarrassed (possibly because it was he himself that had to wipe off the chocolate off her face). He ignored that and focused on her face.

"There," he said, stepping away and satisfied with his work. He pulled his ice cream from her hands and continued eating. 'You shouldn't be this messy when you're eating ice cream. What are you, twelve? Be more organized next time, will you."

_____ nodded her head up and down, "Yes. Thank you, Jungkook."