08

"Noona," he called out as she ate her ice cream quietly.

"Yes, Jungkook?"

"I don't like you."

She snorted. "Yeah right."

Happily, he grinned, knowing she'd see right through him.

"Noona?"

"Jungkook?"

"Thank you for the ice cream."

She only tightened her lips into a smile and continued to eat.

"Noona?"

"Jungkook?"

"Want me to walk you home?"

Shocked, she said, "Oh, no, I'm okay, Jungkook. Walk yourself home, it's getting late."

"Noona, I live fifteen minutes away from you." He stated, nearing her as a slight drizzle began to develop. "It's raining."

"Yes, I noticed, Jungkook." She pulled him to a nearby bus stop. "I'll let you stay in my house, but only until the rain subsides."

He nodded, watching her pull her cell from her pocket and call for someone to pick them up from the nearest bus stop.

A few minutes later, he was at their house, which somehow stretched out as far as the sea. They had to pass a whole forest inside the property just to get the the ten hectare residence.

Impressive, he thought, a good business partner, probably. Earns a lot of money.

"Could you give our guest a warm towel once we arrive inside? Bring him new clothes and a warm drink immediately, and let him be seated near the fireplace." _____ demanded. She didn't bother looking up from her phone as she said her orders. Her butler muttered a "Yes, Ma'am," before returning to driving.

"Jungkook," she called out, "today's a Friday, isn't it?"

He assured silently as he watched her mutter a curse and begin to dial a number. "Yeah, hi, Hoseok? Could I talk to your sister?"

"Who?" He mouthed. She told him to shut up.

"Yeah, hi! You can't come today. It's an emergency and mom and dad want me to stay home alone. Hope you understand. Bye!"

"Who?" He finally voiced. She laughed facetiously.

"A friend of mine was supposed to come over, but seeing as you were here I decided to postpone," it was that simple. She explained it so simply, as if denying her friends access to the house was as easy as snapping her fingers. "Why'd you postpone?"

"I don't like entertaining two guests at once."

"Can't you multitask?"

_____ shook her head and sighed. "It's not like that. Hoseok's mother and father are business partners with my father. If they happen to find out that I've brought a guy home. . ."

He coughed, "Your butler?"

"Obviously, he wouldn't be taking it the wrong way," she said, "but if the Jung siblings let one thought of a guy with me slip into their heads. . . I'm doomed."

Jungkook took out his sketch pad and began to draw. He hummed in reply and didn't say a word after, leaving both in probably what had to be the most comforting silence Jungkook had been in.

In which he wasn't alone.