22

"Why couldn't she do it?" Jungkook's thoughts ran wild. "Was she on a leash?" 

"Yes, she was under strict observance." 

"But-"  

"She really wanted to do all those things," she cut him off. "she even asked him if they could. If they could do them together. Marriage, for her, wasn't just something you could arrange. She fought so much with my parents about it before her wedding, even on her wedding day. In the end she still ended up marrying the man she never loved." 

"Is she still with him now?" 

"Yes." 

"Why was it arranged?" 

"Jungkook, in the business world a lot of your decisions can make or break important deals. In this case, the only way we could have saved our companies was to marry my sister off to someone just as powerful as us. Long story." 

"I'm sorry I asked about this," Jungkook's voice was laced with remorse. 

"it's okay," she sniffled, and turned to smile at him. "I wasn't able to talk about her with other people. I'm grateful you let me." 

"Can I ask you one more thing?" 

Maybe Jungkook shouldn't have said that. He knew his next question would leave them both in shambles. 

"Okay, what is it?" 

He took a deep breath and ignored his heart racing. "Will you be arranged too?" 

The smile dissolved from her face and she looked don. Her shoulders started shaking, and moans started eliciting from her mouth, even though it was evident she didn't want them to. "Why would you ask that, Jungkook? Why would you ask that at a time I'm so happy? When I'm so happy with you, you ask the worst question. My whole life is a disaster, but you came along and everything's fine; but you really had to remind me of that. Why would you-" 

"I'm sorry I asked," Jungkook pulled her into and embrace and let her tears soak into his shirt. "I'm so, so sorry." 

"I hate you," she sobs again. "I hate you I hate you I hate you!" 

"Why do you hate me?" 

"Because you're the only thing I want that I can't have." 

***

For the next few days, nothing was said.