Best Friends

Zayn's POV:-

"You think he's gonna come?" I nervously rubbed my hand and impatiently looked at the crowd which was growing every second.

"He said he will, right?" Niall inquired to which I nodded and bit my lower lip.

"Then he will, Zayn! Just pay attention to the game okay?" Louis jagged while dragging sock up to his knees

"I cant until I am sure he is here!" I turned back and my stomach twisted on seeing Harry coming to our direction.

Just as in he was in my audible range I bombarded him with my question "Liam?? He is coming, right?"

"Yea- he is here! Ummm" Harry turned his head around as he is searching for someone and his eyes stopped on something, making me look in his direction and....

There he is!

Liam looked lost! He was frantically looking at people crossing him. Like a kid lost in an amusement park.

If anything he looked kinda cute! The next thing I see is Harry startling Liam from back.

I didnt realised Harry left to get him.

Anyway Harry dragged him out of the bleacher's line and I watched them heading towards us, our dressing room.

"For Fuck sake Zayn! Get ready" Louis growls and throws my jersey on my face.

I slipped it easily down my head and the time I turned around Liam was here.

He adjusted his specs properly on his nose, something he does when he is nervous and hesitantly waves at Niall and Louis. I chuckled softly and took a step closer but just as I opened my mouth a loud whistle echoed the room, signalling that we should head to the ground.

"Good Luck guys!" Liam says and gives a small smile but he eyes were glued on Louis and Niall.

Nd that hurted!

I held my head down in disappointment and slid the captain tag on my arm and then I felt someone standing right infront of me.

I raised my head to find the person I wanted to see, my best friend.

"Good luck, captain" Liam says in a soft voice, more in like a hiss and before I can reply his feet was already moving out of the room.

"Thank you" I muttered to myself and A big smiled creeped on my face and now I was more than ready for this game!

We marched in the ground. The rival team already waiting in a queue and just I stepped on foot on the ground, the crowd went wild and I was boosted with confidence. I waved at the crowd and went to my place.

We shook hands were the rival team and once the referee explained the basic rules and another whistle was blown to get us on our position the game started.

After 2hours the game finally ended as in our favor and now was the time.

Just like after every game the captain gets 2minutes to appreciate their team and have a word with crowd. I knew what I need to do.

The whole reason for giving my double best today.

"Hi" I chuckled in the mic and the crowed cheered back louder.

"Well I feel honoured to play along with such great team mates, such a mastermind coach, and not forget our coach's assistant, Harry Styles" just on Harry's name the crowd went crazy and wild to a point that I legit had to wait for few more minute for them to calm and continue.

"Yea yea I totally get it but back to me please" I chuckled and took a deep breathe. My eyes already searching for Liam in the crowd but sadly no clue. "Liam- I dont know where you are but-" I helplessly looked for his trace and held the mic tighter in my fist "I am so sorry" I hissed and the crowd went dead.