Bitter Taste

Normal POV :-

After few rings Liam glances over his phone and a smile creeps on face on seeing the caller ID. He fondly presses the green button before holding it against his ear only to hear a loud growl.

"LIAM! Help me!"

The dramic horror in Zayn's voice made him chuckle a lit.

"What happened?" He asks, while standing infront of his mirror and trying his suits.

"I dont know what to wear!" Zayn sighs

"Video call me and I-"

"Nooooooo" Zayn drags.

"What?"

"I want it to be a surprise"

For a second Liam wonders why he is even friends with a dork. One moment he wants Liam to help him and the next moment he dont want Liam to know what he is wearing. Weird-but Liam decides to ignore him for this once.

"You are coming right?" Zayn voices comes in complete concern.

"Yeah I-"

"What are you wearing?" Zayn's voice cuts him.

"Umm why so?"

"Because I want us to match"

"Why so?" Liam bites his lower lip and impatiently grip tight on the fabric he was holding.

There was a long pause, just Zayn's calm breathe echoing his ear until Zayn yells in a panick tone.

"Holy Shit Liam!!!"

And Liam's face turns pale in complete fear "WHAT ZAYN? ARE YOU O-"

"You ask too many questions, babe" Zayn mocks.

"You scared me, Idiot!" Liam shakes his head and takes a deep breathe.

"I'm sorry!" Zayn voice was so soft that Liam couldn't stay mad even if he wanted to.

"That's ohkay! By the way, I plan on going complete black- what say?"

"Yeah perfect- I-I will see you then?" Zayn's voice was still soft and low.

"Umm" Liam trials off, sorta wanting to hear Zayn's voice for longer.

"Umm anything else?"

Liam shakes his head without realizing that Zayn can't see him "no" he hisses.

"I have something stored for today! A surprise!"

"I am not fond of surprises!" Liam fondly replies and lies down his bed.

"Neither am I, babe! I'll see you tonight! Bye" and with that the line goes dead but the word babe plays on repeat in Liam's mind.

He was so falling deep!

-------------------

(*Imagine 2012 Liam going all black with some nerdy specs which makes him look cute- i repeat cute not hot*)

"Wow its beautiful" Liam says in a awe on seeing the ball room, decorated with red and white balloons, floral red carpet with velvet curtains. He never knew ball parties looked this fancy.

"You see! This is why I tell you to come with me every year- but since I am not some certain Zayn Malik you wont listen to me" Harry smirks, which gets even wider when Liam hushes him in complete embarrassment.

"Do you think he is here?" Liam eyes roam to search a feverishly beautiful tan guy but couldnt find it. So he turns back to Harry only to find him staring at something already.