Chapter 5

"You want to eat something?" Nate asks as we enter the cinema.
I was starving. The last thing I had eaten was a scone last night.
"Uh, no. I'm not very hungry." I lied and gave him one of my most dazzling smiles.

"No, you have to eat something. You're like a stick figure." Nate said.
"I'm not." I rolled my eyes playfully.
"Sure, Lee, whatever you say."

Nate could literally see right through my 'perfect girl in a perfect world' persona.

"I'll have a diet coke. Okay with you?" I teased.
"Okay."

We went inside and sat on our respective seats.
The movie started and I noticed Nate staring at me from the corner of my eye.
"Nate, baby, I know I'm really pretty, but pay attention to the movie." I whispered in his ear.
He just shook his head and smiled.

XôXØ

"The movie was good. We should do this more often." I said to Nate, as we came out onto the bustling streets of New York.

I was just about to hail a cab, when my hand and said,
"I need to tell you that, Lee, I like you. I really like you. And I want you really bad." He said and kissed me.

We shared a long, soft and gentle kiss.
It was just right. My brown hair was flying wildly and Nate's cheeks were a shade of bright red.

"Nate you don't know what you want." I told him genuinely. I thought that we were just hooking up over the past week."
"I do. Please, just give me a chance."  He pleaded.
"I-I'm not ready for a relationship. You know I'm scared of commitment." I stammer.
"Please. Just give me a chance. I don't want to be in the friend zone. I want to be your boyfriend. Leah and Nate go to the movies. Leah and Nate hold hands- that's what I want."
I nodded.

"I'm sorry, Nate. I have to think about it. You know I don't do relationships." I tell him as I step into the limo. His face falls and he looks completely defeated. I feel horrible.