Chapter 26

I sat down on the dining table and sifted through my mail.
There were letters from Harvard, Yale, Cambridge Business School and Princeton.

I opened the one from Harvard and my face fell as I read the words, Dear Ms Bass, we regret to inform you...
Same for Cambridge and Princeton. I didn't get into Yale either. Which was good, because Blair would kill me. Literally.
Yale was her dream.

I didn't know what I was going to tell Bart. How was I supposed to tell my father that I didn't get into any of the colleges I applied to?

"So, Leeandra, what colleges did you get into?" Bart asked, as he sat down on the table.
Oh no.
I don't answer him.
"Leah, where did you get in?" He asks again. I know he doesn't like not being answered to but I don't know what to say.
"I... uh... I didn't get in anywhere." I mumble.
"What?!" He glared at me. "How did you manage to rejected by every Ivy League? Surely, you're not that stupid." He massages his forehead with his fingers like I'm some sort of headache he's trying to soothe away.
"I'm sorry."
"Let me see what I can do about this." He storms off.

XôXØ

"Hey Lee. So where'd you get in?" Nate asked.
"I don't want to talk about it." I took a deep breath.
"Kiss me." I told him as I sat on his lap.

His lips collided with mine and we sat on his bed, making out for about half an hour.
He pushed me up to the headboard and climbed on top me.
He threw his shirt on the floor and slowly pulled off my dress.
I switched positions and pulled his hair.
He licked my earlobe. I bit his shoulder at the same time and violently pulled off my stockings.
Nate held my thighs and I kicked his shorts down.
He fiddled with the buckle on bra.
"Take it off." I rolled my eyes.
I pulled his underwear down.

"Wait." Nate instructed.
He tore a condom packet open with his teeth and popped it on.
I switched places again and we both kissed, never coming up for air.

XôXØ

"I'm all out." Nate said.
I kissed him one last time.

"You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." He pushed some hair out of my face.
"Do you love me?" I asked him.
"Of course I love you." He looked at me, as if I was crazy.

"Why?"
"Uh... because you're my girlfriend?" 
I smiled and shook my head.

"What do you think our lives will be like in the next five years?" I wondered.
"Hmm. We'll be married and I'll say, 'honey I'm home' everyday when I come home from work and we'll have one little monster running around our house and you'll be pregnant with our second child." Nate guessed.
"I really feel like we should move out of New York once we're married."

"Yeah. Let's move to Nashville and buy a bar. We'll have eight children who squabble and run around poking straws in each other's hair." Nate laughed.
"I'm serious." I rolled my eyes playfully.
Nate laughed harder.

"How many children do you want?"
"Maybe three." Nate suggested thoughtfully.
"No way! That's crazy. Have you ever heard of everyone in the Upper East Side with three children?" it was my turn to laugh.

"I want two children." I told him.
"I love you." He kissed my forehead.
"I love you too." I nuzzled my face into his shoulder.