Chapter 8

"So Leah, how are we today?" my therapist asked me.
"My social life is being stolen from me as we speak, so great." I replied sarcastically.

"Leeandra, you can't go back home if you don't open up." She said sternly.
"How sad. We both know I'm going to be here for the next six months anyway." I drawled.

"So, have you been taking your medicines lately?" Dr. Harris asked.
"Do I have an option?" I stared at manicure.

"Have you been having any thoughts lately?"
"Just how to time speed up so I can get out of here."

"This is hopeless." I muttered under my breath.
"I need you to tell me something here." She said impatiently.

"Oh my gosh, why is everyone always yelling at me!" I said dramatically.

"No one's yelling at you. You just need to keep me in the loop. I promise I can help you but-"
"Trust me. No one can help me." I told her and played with my bracelet.
"We need to work on your self-esteem." She scribbled something down on her clipboard.

I was dying to see what's on there. I looked at the clock to distract myself from the hellhole I was in.

"Looking at the clock won't make time speed up. Talk to me." She said desperately.
"I'm exhausted."
"And-"
"Times up." I cut off and ran out.