Chapter 23

Nate

The SATS had passed two weeks ago and it was the day of Bart and Lily's wedding.
The fraud and embezzlement scandal had cooled down a little bit because dad was in rehab. Mom was still extremely embarrassed because of him. She was in the Hamptons, doing god knows what.
Dad was attending today's wedding though.

I was so proud of Leah. She had aced her SAT's and was hoping to hear from colleges by next week.
I was lost in my own thoughts, when I was greeted by a hyper Chuck.
"Nate. Your father's leaving."
"He probably just went to talk to my mom." I shrugged.
"He asked for the car to be brought around."
"Maybe he left his phone in it." I said, getting annoyed.

"We don't have time to argue about this." He hissed and pulled me outside, where I saw my father leaving.

"Woah woah woah. Stop. Stop." I knocked on the window and tried to open the limo.
"Dad, what the hell are you doing?" I demanded.

"I'm leaving for Domininca. I'll be a much better father to you from there. You're mother's paying for the plane. I need you to toughen up and be the man of the family."
My fist collided with his face.
"That was for mom."
He got up and went back into the limo.

I couldn't believe that just happened...

Leah

Today was the day of the wedding.
Serena and I were bridesmaids and we were wearing this beautiful yellow dresses.

We were sitting on a couch in the powder room when Blair came in and joined us.
"Do you think this will be us in a few years? Moving on to our fourth husbands?" I asked.
"Maybe." Blair mused.

Over these two weeks, Chuck and Blair had been fighting non stop because of some stupid reason.

Serena and I went out with the bouquet and Lily followed.
Chuck, Serena, Eric and I stood on the sidelines as Bart and Lily said their vows.

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest said.
Bart and Lily shared a long, soft kiss and we all were called in for the reception.

Everyone sat on their own tables and Chuck stood up to propose his toast.

"I would like to make a toast." Chuck clinked his wine glass with a spoon.
"Ahem. My father is someone who goes after what he wants. Lily was no exception. In typical Bass man fashion, his pursuit was direct and not exactly subtle." He looked at Blair longingly from the corner of his eye.

He put his speech cards down and continued from the heart.
"One thing I learnt from my father's courtship of Lily is perseverance. But in the case of true love, you don't give up. Even if the object of you affection is begging you to..."
Everyone laughed as Chuck's last line.

"And one thing I learnt from Lily is the importance of forgiveness. She gave my father the gift of a second chance and he's done well with that gift, and I hope that one day I will find someone who will do the same for me."
We all clapped at his touching speech and soon, it was time to dance.

"I haven't seen you all day, handsome boyfriend of mine." I smiled at Nate as we danced.
"My dad escaped. My mom helped him and-"
"Leah! Nate! The Happy Couple! Smile!" The photographer snapped pictures of us.

"Thank you!" He exclaimed and left.
"What were you saying?" I caressed his cheek.
"Nothing let's just enjoy this." He thrust his lips onto mine.
I kissed him back hungrily, asif I didn't have a care in the world...