Chapter 12

I visited my lawyer after the photo shoot.
"I need papers to legally disown my parents." I said.
"They should be ready by tomorrow." Mark, my lawyer, informed me.
"I'll have someone pick them up."

If Bart wanted to disown me, I should be the one to do it first.
I thought that after Evelyn's death, we would be a stronger family and he would pay more attention to me but that never happened. He just pushed me farther away...
I don't even think he misses her. He never talks about it.

"Daddy! Daddy!" I tugged at his blazer.
"Stop it Leah! Can't you see I'm on the phone?" he cupped a hand over the receiver.

My mother was in Paris for Fashion Week that year.
I received a sympathetic look from my nanny.

I started stamping my legs and making a fuss. Bart sighed and asked the nanny to take me away.
I waited and waited for his conversation to end. He walked into my room about an hour later.

"What did you want to tell me?" he didn't even try to mask the annoyance in his tone.

"It's my birthday today. I know you would've forgotten. I was thinking about spending time with you." I said softly.
"Right. What do you want?"

"For you to love me more and spend time with me."

"Oh, don't be foolish Leeandra." He walked out. A salty tear trickled down my cheek. My father didn't even remember my birthday...

*****

I was walking back home when I bumped into Nate on the way. I wrapped my arms around him.
"Nate." I murmured into his hair.

"Leah, stop it. If I'm just another phase for you, we shouldn't be together." He pushed me away.
"Please. Don't do this to me now. My father almost, literally murdered me for ruining his 'reputation and family name'. I legally disowned my family and now I need a good shoulder to cry on."

"You did what?!" he looked alarmed.
"The papers come tomorrow." I said.
"Lets get you inside." He said.

So then, I found myself having a heart to heart with Nate in his bedroom.
"Are you mad at Chuck?" he asked.
"He can go screw himself for all I care."

***

I picked up the papers from my lawyer the next morning. It was "family" so I needed Chuck's signature too. I walked into the Palace, and went to his suite first.

"I need your signature Mr Bass." I said sarcastically
"For what ?" He was annoyed. He was probably in the midst of screwing Blair. He snatched the papers from my hand and read them carefully. He was shocked.

"Leah you can't just disown your family because of a stupid fight!" He said
"Chuck you haven't even heard half of the stuff I've heard yesterday. According to dad, I'm a bitch and I spoilt your family name. So I don't want it. I tried to live up to his expectations. You had no business sending a tip in to Gossip Girl. I would've told her about your issues but I didn't. Because Blair is my best friend. No matter how bitchy she is, she trusts me and cares about me. I trusted you Chuck, You're my brother but I don't think you deserve my trust. So spare me the drama and sign the paper!" I said

"Firstly, I'm not your punching bag and secondly Leah, you deserve this." He said
"Why do you think your Nate doesn't want to talk to you anymore?"
"He forgave me" I said.

"Oh then he's lost his mind!" Chuck yelled.
Just then my dad walked in.
"What's going on in here?" He asked.
"I need you to sign these papers " I
He scanned through the papers and signed.
"Your turn, Charles" I said with a fake smile plastered across my face.

"No way am I signing this." He said.
"Please stop acting like you give a damn about me." I said.
"Shut up Leah." Chuck said
"Sign or I somehow manage to forge your signature." I threatened.

Without hesitating, he tore the papers in half. "I do have another bundle right here in my bag." I said.
"Are you going to tell her?" Chuck asked, looking at my dad.

"Lily and I have been dating and I proposed to her today at lunch" he said.
"Great. All I need is for Serena Van Der Woodsen to be my stepsister." I huffed and stomped out the suite.

I pulled on a pair of white skinny jeans and wore a blue blouse with it.
Family therapy. Why? Why the hell is Lily butting in to family business ? She hasn't even married Bart yet. As if it's going to help. I had enough therapy to last me a lifetime. I tied my hair in a messy high ponytail while thinking about random things. Like my instagram , I hadn't checked it in ages. I don't even know why I'm doing this to myself. Why? I asked myself why. Why did I even want to become a model? I suck at academics or anything creative. Running a company isn't my cup of tea.

I wasn't very pretty either, but I "revamped" myself. I really wanted to live up to the Bass name so much, that it took a toll on my body.
I spritzed on my Channel No. five and walked out the door.

By one pm, Bart, Chuck and I were sitting in a room with three couches and a recliner chair. Thank you so much Lily  Van Der Woodsen...

Then, this dude, the 'therapist' walked in. he was tall, about six feet. He had dark brown hair and cerulean blue eyes. He was hot, I guess. Maybe hotter than Nate or as hot as Nate.

Anyway, judging by the 10,000 degrees and certificates on his wall, he was super experienced. Not like that was going to help my case.

"Hello. My name is Dr. Harris. I'm your therapist for today. I have read your file and case is filed by Lia, isn't it?" he said.
"Its Leah." I corrected.
"Okay, your file states you wanted disowner ship, but is there any other reason?" he asked.
"No, not really."

"So first, I will ask Mr. Bass. Why did you never, as she puts it, never care about your daughter?"
Bart looked flustered.
"Well," he started,
"Leah was an embarrassment to the family name. She was just too free and independent. Leah is a disgrace!" he roared. Eyes that prickled with tears dumbfounded me.

Dr. Harris just nodded. Some therapist.
"What about you, Mr. Charles?"
"I wasn't going to sign that paper and she knows it." Chuck was firm.

"Then why did you send a tip into Gossip Girl?" I volleyed back.
"Care to elaborate?" the therapist asked.
"Okay," Chuck took a deep breath.

"After Leah ran away, my friend Nate and I went out for a smoke and discussed ways to get her back. He suggested we send in a tip to Gossip Girl because she was the only one who could track her down. We just wanted to help and didn't mean any harm."

"Even if he did, which he didn't, why would you do it? I thought you 'cared' about me. And it was an idea, not an order." I screamed. I had officially lost it.

"Of course I do! But you obviously don't! You ran away when you found out about your 'disorder' when thousands of people die everyday of diseases that can't be cured. So instead of acting like a raging bitch, you could've faced the situation calmly! You trust your freaking asshole of a boyfriend so much, you cant see anything but his face with lovesick puppydog eyes. Honestly, get a life!"

"You do realize that the person you're calling a freaking asshole of a boyfriend has been your best friend sine the last fourteen years!"

Chuck

Leah and I were having a super heated argument when Dr. Harris interrupted us. My sister can be an even bigger bitch than Blair at times. I care about her; she's just too thick headed to register it.

"So what do you plan on doing to get closer to your daughter Mr. Bass?" the doctor asked.
"If she moves back in, maybe we can think about a second chance for all of us." Bart said.

"Fine. I think I will give this 'relationship' another shot." Leah said matter of factly.
The therapist gestured towards me.

"Only because I love you, Leah."
He cleared his throat and looked at Leah, then at me.

"I don't think you need another session. If anything goes wrong, let me know."

"I should leave." Bart glanced at his Rolex.
We all left that tiny claustrophobic room one by one.

"You thought that guy was hot didn't, you?" I smirked at Leah.