Chapter 9

Today was my first day back at Constance after six months. Bart told everyone that I moved to boarding school in London for a semester.

The only reason I'm even allowed to leave for school is because junior year has started and he's been extensively pressuring me to get into Harvard. He wants me to open a law firm.

But I don't want to be a lawyer. I want to continue modeling.

But that fact that I have to be a lawyer has been drilled into my head ever since I was six years old.

"Miss," the driver said.
"Thank you, Arthur." I smiled and hopped out.

I climbed up the wooden staircase of the Constance Billard School and wondered how I would face my friends and deal with Gossip Girl.

Spotted: Leah Bass, Se goyard in hand, in the city after a long time. Was it only half a year ago our Supermodel mysteriously disappeared for "boarding school"? And just as suddenly, she's back. Don't believe me? Luckily, I have proof.

"Hey," I smiled at Blair and Serena.
Blair gave me one of the fakest smiles in return. Serena – thankfully – smiled back at me genuinely.

"So, when's the party?" I asked, and picked up an invitation from a box in Blair's hand.
"Saturday, and you're kinda not invited." She continued fake smiling.
I nodded.

"Hey, where have you been?" Serena asked, placing her warm hand on my bicep and pulling me away from Blair.
"London." I said, not meeting her gaze.
"Why didn't you say you were leaving?"
"I-er- it was just, like, a spur of the moment kind of decision."

"I don't really think that you would ever want to go to boarding school." She mused.
"Like I said, it just happened."
"You'll find a way to make it up to me in the handbag department at Bendel's." she giggled.

"Are you coming to the party on Saturday?"
"I don't know. Blair is hosting it..."
"Oh, stop being such a party pooper. Come. It'll be fun."

I noticed Nate staring at me angrily from the corner of his eye. Well, of course he was. I was the new 'hot topic'. Avoiding the whispers and glares was almost impossible.

"Nate, hey," I waved as I walked up to him.
"What do you want?" he asked, disgusted.
"To talk to my boyfriend..."

"I'm not your boyfriend. You just leave without telling me- how could you? I can't believe you. I just don't want anything to do with you. I can't even talk to you." He rolled his eyes.
"Nate, please, just listen-" I tried.
"No Leah, I have to go." He said harshly and walked past me.