Chapter 10

I walked onto the field to play hockey right after ivy week assembly, which I had missed.

"Oh! Too bad you missed the assembly. Not that it matters. Harvard doesn't offer degrees in Slut." Blair said to me nastily as I grabbed a stick.

Spotted: L. Not so fashionably late and dressed down by B. Game on, ladies.

"Look, I know I left without saying anything, but you've ruined whatever relationship I had with Nate. We don't have to be friends-" I chased Blair but she tripped me with her hockey stick.
The referee came towards us.

"Sorry. Slipped." Blair said in a sickengly sweet voice.
"I'm fine." I said to the ref. he nodded and left.

"I really want to believe that was an accident."
"Then you must be delusional." She scoffed and tripped me again. The ref showed her a green card.

"Thank you." I said to him.
The fourth time, she "accidentally" tripped me, the ref got fed up.
"Running out of colors here, Blair." Je said. "And I'm running out of patience. Enough. Okay?" I warned.
"It's enough when I say it's enough." She smirked.

"That's it." I muttered and pushed Blair on to the ground.
"Get off of me." She screamed.
I rolled my eyes and got off.
"So we've actually come to physical blows, huh?"

"Truce?" I offered.
"Ow! My leg!" Blair faked a sprained ankle.
"Leah, you're outta here." The ref told me.
"I hope it's broken." I snapped at Blair and threw my hockey stick on the floor.

Hey Upper East Siders. We hear that World War III just broke out. And it's wearing knee socks. Choose your side or run and hide. We have a feeling this one's to the death.

XôXØ

"I've been in these sessions for the past week and nothing will change unless he stops hiding her here." Chuck said to the psychiatrist.

"Its called recovery, Charles." Bart said.
"Telling everyone she was in London?"
"She's not ready." He argued.
"She's not, or you're not?" Chuck volleyed back.

"Okay, take a deep breath. It's good to see some honest conversation. I think a decision like this involves Leah too." Dr. Harris said. 
"Wow, you mean I have a say in this?" I asked sarcastically.
"Of course you do. We're here for you. And if you want to get out, tell us. No matter what dad says." Chuck assured.

"I would love to get out of here." I said, excited.
Bart sighed.
"But maybe I'm not ready yet..."
"What about for a few hours? Come to the Ivy Party."

"There you go. Compromise. That wasn't so hard was it?" Dr Harris said.
"I have to go." Bart glanced at his watch. "It's my job as responsible parent and CEO of Bass Industries."
Responsible parent?

XôXØ

"You want to go to Yale now?" Dan asked.
"No, It's just this thing with Blair."
"I get it. I mean, since you don't have to actually worry about getting into college, why not make the entire evening about screwing over Blair."

I got myself a drink and walked out, to find Blair up to her bitchy business.

"Every year our schools choose to support one local institution that we feel benefits our community. This year our schools have chosen to honor the Ostroff Center. This semester our choice is a very personal one. Because the Center has helped one of our own." She said.

"What is going on here?" Bart hissed.
"It's because of their excellent program which aids so many young addicts and alcoholics that a student here with us today is clean and sober. At least for now. Can I please have Leah Bass join me on stage?"

Spotted at the Ivy League mixer: L and B's last stand. And only one gets out alive. Better take cover.

"I just to thank my friend, Blair Waldorf, for recognizing the Ostroff Center and all of the good things that they do. Thanks Blair." I walked up to the stage.
"The main thing we learn at the center is forgiveness. We must learn to forgive those who have wronged us in the past and seek forgiveness from those who we have wronged in the past. Without this forgiveness, innocent people get hurt and-" I was saying, but Blair pushed me off of stage.
"Thank, you Leah!"

Honesty may be the best policy in some ZIP codes, but not in this one. And not this week. Because "I was a teenage drug addict" is not exactly a winning college essay.

"Why is Blair outing you for a drug problem that you are not supposed to have? You haven't told anybody about your anorexia, have you?" He asked me, horrified.
"Dad."
"Well it's not like we have some free open relationship."
"And that's my fault?"
"Look, what's happened to you has put a huge strain on our family. But we are still a family."
"Sure we are. That's why we always put each other down, right? Will you excuse me? I'm going to go end this with Blair.

"So are we good now? Are we square?" I demanded as I approached Blair.
"No." She snaps.

"Look I'm asking you, please, I'll stop if you will."
"You're just saying that because today you lost. And you're going to keep losing. Now if you'll excuse me, unlike you I have a future to get back to." She said and walked away.

Blair

I was so mad at Leah right now. I haven't seen her for the past six months and she hasn't even called me. She deserves everything that's happening to her right now.

"Chuck, baby, where was Leah really over theses past six months?" I asked.
"I can't believe you would do that, Blair. Bart's got her checked into the Ostroff because she has anorexia and depression." Chuck said in an upset manner.
"Oh, um, I didn't know." I said all innocent-like.

I have to tell Gossip Girl. There was no one better than Nate to this for me. If Chuck found out that I sent it, he would never speak to me. But Nate has every right to be mad at Leah.

"Nate." I called him.
"It's 2:00 A.M. Blair. What'd you want?"
"I know where Leah was. She lied to you. She's at the Ostroff because she has anorexia.
"What? You're crazy, Blair." He said.
"No. I'm not kidding. Just please tell Gossip Girl."

"Just send the tip in from Chuck's phone." He told me and hung up.