Chapter 29

Leah

"She said she saw Evelyn. It sounds pretty messed up, but-" Nate was saying before I entered the penthouse.
"But it's actually not. She left. And she's back. To 'mend things'." I scoffed.
"But she died in a car accident." Blair said.
"She faked it."

"You okay?" Serena asked.
"Why wouldn't I be?" I rolled my eyes.
"You don't seem excited. After thinking that your mother is gone, she's come back." Nate told me.
"Why come back?"
"She's here now. Who cares." Blair said.
Chuck just looked at me with a concerned expression on his face.

"I'm not in the mood to listen to her excuses right now."
"Throw this away." I said, handing Nate a locket which had a picture of my mother holding me as a newborn in it.
"Leah, no." Nate said.

"You don't know what happened all those years ago. Why she stayed away. You have to let her explain." He protested.
"No, I really don't. She left because of me."

"I'm going to the bar for a drink. If you're planning on doing more sleuthing behind my back, I'll give you the combination to Bart's safe." I snapped and stormed out.

Nate

"She'll be fine." Chuck finally said something after five minutes of silence.
"No. She's being crazy." Serena argued.
"What do we do?" Blair asked.
"Nothing. You haven't heard half of the things Evelyn said to her. She's had enough pain in her life. If she didn't want to know, then I respect that."