Chapter 10: Disappearence

© All Rights Reserved 2013

Chapter 10

"What do you mean Elena is gone?" I asked incredulously. Stefan and Damon were supposed to protect her from kidnappers, and make sure she stays alive. They were supposed to be able to handle the job. Apparently not. They don't understand how much is on the line right now.

I seriously needed a more bullet proof plan. It seems like Klaus keeps shooting holes in them. Although in this kidnapping case, Klaus may not be involved, but I am a hundred percent sure, that she is going to end up with Klaus.

Just about a week ago, I had almost been caught by Klaus and I've still stuck around. I basically risked my life for these people, and they can't cooperate. One rule, it was to keep Elena safe, but now, she's gone.

~*~

I had just left the hall, and headed for the gym to call off the dance. Who keeps a dance this late anyways. This is so stressful. It's like I have to do everything in this town.

Sighing I made my way to the gym, pulling the hood up to cover my face. I scanned the gym, looking for a chaperone. Finally I spotted one, and thought one better. I made my way onto the stage, and towards the DJ booth.

The DJ, continued to spin, but looked up towards me with a curious look. It's not everyday you see a girl in a trench coat, face covered.

He slid his headphones off his ears, and gave me his attention. I bent down and began whispering in his ears, as if I was recommending a song.

"Call the dance off, and tell everyone to leave the building. The dance is off and everyone is to go home. This building should be empty, in ten." I was just whispering in his ear, but I was powerful enough to compel that way.

The DJ nodded, as I turned around and exited the stage. As I made my way to the exit, the Dj had already delivered the news. Groans and whining filled the room, as people began filing out.

I stayed in a corner, and made sure the building was vacant, before walking towards my car. The heels on my shoes made echoing noises, as I turned towards a row, trying to locate my car. Many teenagers had left their cars here, because of the drinks that they had been consuming. Many set out on foot, while other hitched rides or called parents.

Stuck in my thoughts, I barely noticed when someone grabbed me and threw me across the lot. The strength that was put into that attack told me it was a vampire; more specifically Klaus. I mentally thanked myself, for not removing the jacket and big hood earlier.

I stood back up, after crashing into a car. Looking around the lot, I couldn't see Klaus anywhere. Just as I was about to turn around, I heard the whoosh of the wind, behind me bringing me to a halt. I could feel him get closer and closer, every step making my insides jumble around. Then when I felt he was close, I turned around ready to kick him in his gut. What I didn't expect was his hand at my hood.

As his hand was reaching out to my hood, I thought fast, and grabbed his face in my hand. I twisted his face at the odd angle, breaking his neck, about the same time he pulled down my hood. As his eyes closed and his body fell to the ground, I knew that he had seen part of my face. He would remember when he wakes up, and he'll be looking for me. After all to him this was our first meeting in about two-hundred years. Fortunately it was only part of my face, and he might not even recognize me. I've changed a lot since we've last met.

~*~

"That means that Elena is gone!" Damon snapped, looking at me annoyed. He was leaning on the wall with his arms crossed over his chest, and a hard look on his face. He has been extra rude to me after our confrontation at the dance a week back. I vaguely remember giving Stefan and Damon a speech on keeping Elena alive and safe. Of course they waved me off claiming they knew how to take care of her. Obviously not.