Chapter 37

"Hey Lynda." You said, walking into your father's mansion. Lynda was his girlfriend. It was kind weird seeing him date.

"Hi, how are you?" She asked, hugging you. She was really nice though.

"I'm good. Just came to talk to my father. And you, you'll want to hear this." You say with a smile. She smiles back.

"Okay, I'll go get him." She says, while walking up the spiral staircase. You sit on the large white couch. This house was very modern.

Minutes later, your father and Lynda walked back down, holding each other's hands.

"Hello Gracelynn." Your father said, hugging you. It was a weird hug. Not very affectionate.

"Uhm, hey." You said, sitting back down. Lyn and him say across from you, on a purple couch.

"What did you come for?" He asked, sharply. You hadn't even said anything yet, and he was being all pissy.

"I have some great news!" You said, a big smile. It made you happy just thinking about it. Less than two months.

"What is it?" Lynda asked excitedly. At least someone was happy besides you.

You stuck out the diamond placed on your ring finger.

"I'm getting married!" You squealed. Lyn jumped up and hugged you. Your father stood, and barely smiled.

"Who's this lucky fella?" She asked, winking. You giggled, and say back down.

"Harry." You said. She smiled, but your father looked angry. You couldn't take it.

"Aren't you happy for me?" You asked, a tone in your voice. You couldn't quite catch what was wrong with him.

"Yes of course, it's just-"

"What?" You pushed. Even though you interrupted him, he still need help.

"Grace, you're twenty one." He said finally. You groaned.

"So what? You and mom had me when she was only twenty. You got married at nineteen, you shouldn't go there." You snapped, getting annoyed.

"Gracelynn, I'm trying to protect you." He said forcefully.

"Guess what, I don't care." You said mimicking his tone.

"Don't argue with me."

"I'm and adult, don't argue with me. Me and Harry love each other. I guess you're to selfish to know what that is." You scoff. He glares at you.

"Gracelynn Marie-"

"Use my full name, whatever. It doesn't change a thing." You say, standing up.

"He doesn't love you." He sigh. You roll your eyes.

"He does, and I love him. I came here for you to be excited, not for you to piss me off." You said.

"How do you know he's not womanizing you!" He yelled. You could feel the tears.

"You haven't been here enough to see! He treats me like I'm a fucking princess, and he loves me! I love him too, and you're really making me mad! Maybe if you were there for me you could see this." You shouted, letting the tears fall. Your father just glared.

Lynda stood awkwardly at your family rage.

"I'm sorry for wasting your time. Lynda, thank you for being wonderful. You are still invited, I would love to see you there." You smiled, hugging her. She smiled sympathetically. You walked out, and got in your car.

Eventful evening.

-----

HARRYS POV

"Hello mum." I smiled, sitting at the table with her and Gemma.

"Hey Haz, dinner's ready." She told me, setting the food down. I pilled it onto my plate and dug in.

"Got news." I said once done. Gemma and Mum sat there waiting for my response.

"I'm getting married." I smiled. They both jumped up, hugging me.

"It's to that Grace, I know it." Gemma smiled. She'd met her a few times before. They bonded quickly

"No, it's a girl I met at the club lat night." I said, acting serious. Their jaws dropped.

"I'm comepletly joking, it's Grace of course." I laughed. They smiled.

"I'm so happy for you." Mum said, getting ready eyed.

"Don't get sappy. And Gem's, you wanna be a bridesmaid?" I asked. She nodded furiously. I laughed, and then said goodbye. Grace would probably be home soon too.