CHAPTER FOUR

It was Friday night. As usual, three of us will hanging out together. We agreed to meet up at The Pizza Peel; one of the famous places visited by Seoul High School's students. We visited this pizza place often too.

I already told them about Kwon Ji Yong. They were so excited about it, as i expected. I was so excited too. After i went home that day, i listened to "You're my light" for a billion times.

Taeyeon said while we ate our pizzas, "Hey Dara, you should ask him to join us during lunch." I said, "Sure." Suzy looked at me with big eyes, "Wow its a great idea! You should ask him!"

Taeyeon hit Suzy's arm and said, "I know what were you thinking, Suzy. No, no. He is Dara's." I blinked my eyes at Taeyeon and said, "Wait, what? No."

"Oh, come on, Dummy. He confessed at you, remember?" Taeyeon said. "Yes, but i didn't respond anything about it and he never bring it up." I answered. Suzy sighed before she said, "Because he is waiting for your answer! Gosh, really, Dara? He didn't want to bring it up because he didn't want you to feel uncomfortable. He believed that you're not ready. Yet."

I was suprised because i never thought about it. After a long silent, i said, "I don't know.... Ever since i broke up with Joongki i decided to not fall in love again." Taeyeon stared at me, disbelief. "Wow girl. It's impossible."

"You're so lucky, Dara. Having a boy that love you. I really wish Jongsuk will notice me." Suzy said. I quickly said, "Stop hoping for him, Suzy! You deserved someone's better than him!"
She just rolled her eyes.

I kept thinking about Kwon Ji Yong the whole night. It's too early to fall for him. I didn't know him. But he did know me. Ugh are things always this complicated?

Before i go to bed that night, i called him.

"Hey."

"Hey, Dara."

"Sooo Taeyeon said that it is okay if you wanna join us during lunch."

"Of course!"

"Yeah....."

"Yeah....."

We both silent.

"We should hang out more often."

"Sure."

"So how about tomorrow?"

"Where should we go?"

"I don't know.... how about the park?"

"Which park?"

"The park at your neighbourhood."

"You know where i live?"

"I told you that i know you better than you can imagine."

"Sounds cool."

"3 p.m.?"

"Lovely. Bye. Night-Night."

"Night-Night."

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

I get ready to meet Jiyong at 2 p.m.Sometimes there are days when you realized that all your clothes are so lame. And i think today was one of the days.

I didn't want to wear something too pretty because it was not a date and the park was just 500 metres from my house. But i didn't want to wear something ugly either. It was so hard to decide.

Finally, i asked Durami. She had a good fashion sense than me even though i'm 3 years older than her. Well, age doesn't matter.

"Don't wear your polca-dots blouse. You look so childish on it." She said while sitting on my bed. I said, "But you said i looked good with it when i wore it last time."

"Well, that was apparently because i was so tired. And you're not going somewhere important that day, though." she said. I looked at her and said, "So do you think today is important for me?"

She rolled her eyes, "Yes. Its a date, right?" I said, "I don't know." She ignored me. She picked up an army green sweatshirt and a short. "These will do."

"Are you sure?" I said while studying the clothes. She said while handing me the clothes, "Yes! Now change your clothes quickly and get your ass out of here."

Before she emerged from my bedroom, she said, "Don't wear your beret."

I was just thinking of wearing it. She knows me well.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

After a 5 minutes walk, i finally reached the park. There were not so many people there since it was just 3 p.m. I looked around and i smiled when i saw him sitting at the bench

I approached towards him as i said, "Hi Jiyong." He looked up and smiled, "Hi! Hmmmm have a sit." I sat besides him. We didn't said anything after that. After a long silent, he said, "This is so awkward because this is the first time we meet outside the school."

"Absolutely." I said. He exhaled and said, "So, how are you feeling today?" I tried to sound natural so i answered, "Well not really good this morning. I was so stressed with homeworks. But now i feel good. Being at the park, with you."

"Cool." He said while looking at me. He said again, "So what type of music do you like?"

"I don't know. I listen to many types of songs but maybe i kinda suits R&B?" I said while looking at him. He stared at me before he said, "Oh wow, cool. I thought you like something like instrumental or country?"

"Well, i do. But i prefer R&B." I said. We talked about lots of things that day, favourites, hobbies. I felt so happy with him.

It was about 5 p.m. when he suddenly stood up and said, "I guess its too early to go home so how about some coffee at Starbucks?" I agreed. We walked to Starbucks which was near with the park.

At Starbucks, we sat at the table near the entrance. He said that this was his favourite spot. So i said, "You do come here often. Where do you live actually?"

He took a sip of his coffee before he said, "I live one street away from you. I came here alone often to get some inspiration to wrote lyrics. That's why i like to sit here. I can look at all the people from here."

I was quite impressed with him. He took music so serious. I asked him, "Do you really wish to become a singer?" He said, "Of course! Do you?" I smiled and said, "Not really. But after i meet you, i think i will choose music for my career." He smiled after i said this.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

At night, Joongki suddenly called me.

"Hi."

"Hi."

"Why do you call me?"

"I just wanna say that you said that you don't want to fall in love anymore but i'm sure you have a feeling towards that Kwon Ji Yong boy."

"I don't love him. We are just friends."

"Are you sure? You seemed to have a great time with him at Starbucks today."

"Yes, i do but that doesn't mean that i love him."

I don't love him, right?