CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

All the practices went well. After that incident, we didn't talk about things other than the competition. Plus, I asked Mr. Lee, the music teacher to guide us even though we didn't need guidance.

Joongki was happy with her girlfriend, so do Taeyeon with his boyfriend. Suzy seemed like she couldn't move on with Minho.

Donghae? Well, we were getting close now. He were not as annoying as I thought before. Joohyuk? Always happy with Sungkyung. I envied their relationship.

The day of the competition has came. At the venue, I noticed that every single team were so nice and close with each other.

Jiyong and I could be close like that too, if we still love each other.

Was I still in love with him?

Honestly, I was not sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Jiyong's POV

The winner of the competition will be inform through letter within two-weeks. I don't even understand why they took too long to choose a winner.

But the only thing that I understand was, when the letter has arrived, I was already at Jeju, living with my dad.

Was I happy with my choice to live with my dad? Yes.

Was I happy to leave Seoul maybe forever because I didn't even know if I will survive from cancer? Yes.

Was I happy to leave Sandara Park without telling her that I will be staying at Jeju? No.

It was not like she cared about me. She probably would not notice that I did not come to school.

I deserved this anyway.

Did I feel regret chosing Kiko over Dara? Yes.

Kiko didn't even care about me right now. Same old Kiko. She was never that serious when she was in a relationship. I should have known better.

However, I could not blame her for what has happened.

Because the thing happened because of me. Not her. I was the one who made the wrong decision.

I was the one who hurt the girl I love, Sandara Park.

I promised to Sandara that after the competition I will never see her again.

She also said that she wanted us to act as strangers after the competition.

I should just move on then. Live with my dad and his family happily ever after at Jeju.

Goodbye, Seoul.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Dara. They already posted the letter to the winner three days ago right?" asked Joohyuk. We were all sitting at the school cafeteria.

"Yeah." I replied. Joongki asked, "And Jiyong is currently nowhere to be found? Have you tried asking....well, Kiko?"

Donghae sighed and said, "Dude, I asked my dongsaeng million times already. She didn't know anything about him and in fact, she didn't care at all."

"Look, there's Kiko. Yesterday I saw her with some freshman, and now she's with someone else." Suzy said, annoyed.

"I know right? She's such a player but the boys in this school are stupid." Taeyeon responded while playing witg Baekhyun's phone.

"Hey, I know she's sucks but she is still my dongsaeng." Donghae said. He continued, "Duh, how can Jiyong leave without telling us anything? We are all his friends though."

"Hey, I need to go to the teacher's office. Don't wait for me." I told them and walked away.

I sat at the staircase while looking at my phone. My mom will be calling me anytime to tell me that the letter has arrived.

I was so sure that Jiyong and I will win. I sighed. 'Where have you been, Kwon Ji Yong?'

Suddenly, I remembered how I said to him that I didn't want to meet him again after the competition.

This was all my fault then.

"Excuse me." said someone behind me. I looked at the couple and quickly apologise for blocking their way.

The bell has rang so I walked behind the couple to go to class. I accidentally overheard their conversation :

"That things has already been there since two weeks ago. When will the owner take it?"

"Ikr. I really want to take it because it look so pretty. But I feel guilty because it looks expensive and private."

"That's why no one even dare to take it. But I'm sure, after a month, someone will take it anyway. I hope it's the owner."

I interrupted them, "Sorry, but uhm? What thing?"

The boy looked shocked but the girl quickly answered, "Oh, someone left a huge royal blue box at the rooftop. Not that huge but it can probably fit a 3-year-old kid."

"Thanks." I immediately ran to the rooftop. It has been a while since the last time I stepped my foot to the place.

The last time I went there, I saw Jiyong and Kiko hugging each other.

I texted Donghae that I will be late for English or maybe I will never go to class today. He asked me why, and I promised to tell him and everyone later.

Inhaled. Exhaled. Inhaled. Exhaled.

I arrived at the rooftop and looked around. I spotted the bench, the place where Jiyong and I talked for the first time.

The place where he confessed to me.

I smiled a little.

Suddenly, I saw something in front of the bench. I approached the bench and tadaaa, I saw a box. I was so sure that this was the box they talked about earlier.

Can fit a 3-year-old kid ✔

Royal blue in colour ✔

Jiyong loved royal blue. It was the colour of my dress and his necktie during the event.

I sat at the bench and slowly opened the box. Inside, there were a sketch book and a mp3 player.

I laughed. The box was big but the content inside was only those two things.

I calmed myself, knowing what will I heard when I played the mp3 player.

After a while, I played it :

Annyeong, Dara ya~~ How have you been? I'm not sure when will you find this box as you didn't come to the rooftop again after the incident. Everyday, I will always go here after school and sit at this bench. No, I didn't come with Kiko, I came here alone. Look, I know my sorry isn't enough with what I had done to you. However, I will still apologise because you deserve my apology. And, you deserve someone better than me. Someone who will always be by your side forever. I can't promise that I can be with you forever, because, you know, I can dissapear from this world anytime. You also deserve someone who will never cheat on you. If you ever wonder where have I been, don't worry. I'm currently at my father's house, at Jeju. The doctor said that it's important to have my dad on my side always. I also going to undergo chemotherapy here. Haha, I remember how you always want to see me bald. However, sadly you can't see it as I really hope you will not come to Jeju. I'm safe here, don't worry. Please continue your life at Seoul, with all your friends. Goodbye, Dara."

Suddenly, I received a call from my mom. With my trembling hand, my face thar full with tears, my runny nose and my shaky voice, I answered the call.

'Dara yaa~~ You won the competition!'