CHAPTER TWELVE

"You said that you want to search for the dress with me!" Durami said while i was applying my makeup. Without looking at her, i said, "Are you mad? I'm sorry. I thought you'll understand."

"I'm mad because i'm worried. You have a bad taste on choosing clothes. I'm afraid if your dress will not look pretty enough like the other girls." She said.

I laughed and said, "Durami, it is just a mini event, not a prom or anything. Everyone will only be wearing something simple." She rolled her eyes, "Okay fine, but promise to me to send the picture of the dress to me before you buy it."

"Okay" I said while packing up my handbag. I'll just bring my cushion, lipstick, purse and phone. "Should i wear my glasses?"

Durami shook her head, "Then what's the point of you applying makeup on your eyes." She's right. She walked out of my room and closed the door behing her.

Few minutes later, i heard a knock on my door. I knew it was him. I quickly put my lipstick, cushion, purse and phone into my handbag and open the door.

"You look reallyyyy pretty." He said. He was wearing a button-down white shirt and jeans. We walked downstairs together.

"Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Park for letting me to spend a night here." He said while shaking my father's hand. My mom said, "We're happy to have you here. You know, you can come anytime, okay?" He smiled politely.

As we entered the car, he said, "I want to drop by my house first to put my things." I said, "Okay." We arrived at his house after a 5 minutes ride. I saw a car that i didn't recognize in front of our car.

He saw the car (obviously). He kissed my cheek and said, "I'll be back."

5 minutes. 10 minutes. 13 minutes. He still didn't come back. I was started to feel worried. What happened? Should i go inside?

15 minutes. I'll just go inside then. I knocked the door but no one answered. I knocked louder but still no one answered. Suddenly, i heard people shouting in the house. I was scared so without thinking, i opened the door.

I saw him; kneeling in front of a guy i didn't know. The house was so noisy so they didn't heard me opened the door. I just stood there, didn't know what to do.

"You should tell me! After all these years, i only know it now, and i know it from your aunt. I feel like i'm not important at all in your life!" The guy said, or more to shout.

That was when i knew it was his father. He looked exactly like Jiyong; or i think Jiyong looked exactly like him.

I don't what is happening right now. I wanted to turn back and wanted to go back home before anyone could see me here. I'll text Jiyong that i'm sick, i can't go shopping with him today. I'll just go with Durami.

But it was too late. Before i can even turned back, i heard her aunt calling my name, "Wait, is that Dara?"

I could just walked away and ran as fast as i could, but i didn't have that behaviour in me. So, i turned back. Everyone was looking at me. I didn't want to look at Jiyong because i knew he will feel embarrased.

I smiled awkwardly. His aunt said, "You just arrived! Come here." Everyone knew she didn't mean it that way. She was just being polite.

As expected from everyone, i said, "No, it's okay. I need to buy some groceries. I'll come again next time." He looked at me. I mouthed, "It's okay" and quickly walked to my home.

                           ~~~~~~

I know i looked so messy; mascara and eyeliner all over my face and sweating. I've been crying all the way home, not because i can't go shopping with him, but i was worried. The situation looked serious.

What if something happened to him?

I really want to know what had happened.

I was not in the mood of shopping. I just felt like i wanted to go back to his house and stood besides him. I wanted to be with him through rough times.

But i didn't feel any right to do it. I was just his girlfriend and the situation looked like a family problem. I entered my house and before my mom could say anything, i told her everything.

She told me not to worry, he will be fine. I was not that worry because Jiyong always talked about his father and his father sounded nice. But after i saw the situation, i don't know now.

But i saw the situation for like only 5 seconds. I should not judge his father like this.

I didn't want to go to buy the dress, but Durami made me. She said that i should think of the event.

And now i was worry if he will not go to the event.

I just ignored all this negative thoughts when i was shopping with Durami. I don't want Durami to feel sad, plus since i dated Jiyong this was the first time i went out with Durami. A sister-sister outing, Durami called it.

We went to the first store and i chose the first dress i saw. It was not that bad, but then i remembered that Jiyong wanted a royal blue dress.

The shop didn't have that dress and i was too tired to go to the next store. Durami understand me well, because went we entered the next store, Durami was the one who chose the dress, asked the workers and all.

She was 13 years old while i was 16 years old but she was matured than me.

I love her. When she was paying at the counter, i hugged her. And she let me even though she didn't like to hug.