CHAPTER TEN

I spotted Jiyong's car at the school parking lot. I smiled as i opened the door. He smiled back and gestured to come in. I sat at the seat and close the door.

I wanted to talk about Joongki. I was a little bit afraid if the conversation will make us fight, but i think it was better for him to know. He deserved to know.

I holded his hand just before he started the car. He holded my hand back and put it on his lap. "What do you want to talk about?" His voice sounded so calm which made me more nervous. I began, "Just don't say anything until i finished telling you this." He nodded.

Then i told him everything, without missing any details from my conversation with Joohyuk. I looked at his face while telling this because i want to know his reaction.

He didn't looked neither annoyed nor hurt, like what had i expected. After i finished, he just silent. I waited for him to answer patiently. His face didn't look as calm as it was back then.

He said, "I understand all of this. I understand you didn't love him anymore. But i don't know his heart. What if he still have feelings toward you? What if this is all his plan to get back together with you?"

I have already expecting this answer. I have already prepared the answer, "No, i don't think he loves me anymore. He have bunch of girls around him. He didn't have any problem with girls; he just, well, alone. No one to hear all his problems especially regarding his family."

He sighed. I understand it was hard. I put my hand on his shoulder and said, "Jiyong, i promise i will only meet Joongki at school, during lunch. I will not meet him after school. You need to believe me, Jiyong. I really love you."

He smiled hearing the last word. I continued, "I'm sure he loves someone else now and i don't care. He doesn't care either if i date someone else. It just that i'm the only one who understand him well."

"How long you guys have been friends?" He asked. Before i answered, i asked, "Could you please at least
roll down the window? So hot in here."

He laughed. Instead of rolling down the window, he started the car and turn on the air conditioner. He said, "I don't want to roll down the window because i don't want anyone see our private moment."

"Private moment? Jiyong, we only have been talking!" He laughed as i said this. Then i answered, "Well, he is kind of my childhood friend. We met at a yard sale when we both 6 years old. We ride the bicycle together a lot"

"So now he has already known you for 10 years. Wow! I'm so jealous!" He said. I giggled and pinched his cheek and said, "Don't worry, you will know me from now until the rest of your life." He grinned.

He started to be serious again, "Promise me, Dara. To love me until the rest of your life and to not love Joongki again forever." I nodded confidently and said, "Promise."

I said, "You need to promise too. You have no idea how famous you are at school actually. It has already like 5 times i heard some freshman gossiping about you."

"I don't even know any freshman at our school so don't worry. But i'll still promise." I smiled. Suddenly, he laughed. I asked him, "What so funny, Jiyong?"

"We made so many promises today." I laughed. 'Well,i hope we both can keep our promises' i looked at him while i was thinking about it and i know he was thinking the same too.

We talked some more before we headed to my house to practice.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~

Two days left before the event but Jiyong wanted today to be our last day to practice. I was relieved because i didn't buy my dress yet. I'll go buy the dress with Durami tomorrow.

(If  you guys don't remember, Durami is her dongsaeng) ^^

We arrived at my house. It has already 4 p.m. I'm afraid that we didn't have much time left to practice. Once again, i think Jiyong could read my mind.

"Is it okay if i spent a night at your house? I think we need to practice until midnight though" He asked. I quickly answered, "Ya it's fine. But the guest room needs a little bit cleaning, or if you don't mind sleeping at a dirty room."

"Well, i can sleep at your room." He smirked after he said this. I laughed and slapped his arm. I said, "Well, i don't really mind but my parents will kill me."

He laughed and took out his phone. He called his aunt to inform her that he will be staying at my house. Then, we both came out from the car and stood at the doorway.

I rang the doorbell. Durami opened the door and after she saw Jiyong, she shouted, "Jiyong oppaaaa i miss you!" Jiyong smiled and they hugged. Durami really liked Jiyong, well everyone in our family does.

"It has been like a week since the last time you came over. Why? Were you guys fought? I knew it! My unnie is such a coldhearted person. Poor you, Jiyong oppa." Jiyong laughed and i rolled my eyes to both of them.

My mom approached us, "Oh hello Jiyong!" Jiyong said, "Hello, Mrs. Park. Ummmmm... Is it okay if i stay here for one night? We need to practice." My mom quickly said, "Of course it's okay! In fact, you're already our family member."

I glared at my mom. Jiyong laughed awkwardly. My mom said, "The room is mess so i need some time to clean it up."

"It's okay, i also need to head to my house first to take my clothes. No need to hurry. I'll comeback at 6" He said politely. My mom nodded.

Before he went back home, he kissed me. Durami saw us and said, "Gross! You guys will meet again in two hours, remember?"

We ignored her.