THE VERY LAST CHAPTER AFTER TWO YEARS

I can't believe I'm writing the last chapter after two years xD I actually want to start another story but it feels wrong to start it without finishing this one. This chapter will be long (I think) because I just want to end this story.

This story has been ongoing since 2016 lol. It's 2021 now and it deserves a closure.

Jiyong and I won the second place. One part of me was happy because if we won the first place, it will be complicated because of our current situation. Another part of me was sad, because it felt like our story has really come to the end now.

I was thinking to go to Jeju Island and visit him. I wanted to invite all of our friends to come along, but I was not sure whether it was appropriate or not. I was a bit afraid if Jiyong felt uncomfortable about it.

Plus, Jiyong strongly said that he wished to not see me, but I really wish to meet him. Our last meet was not good and I want we both to reconcile because anything could happened to him at anytime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 MONTHS AFTER GRADUATION (2 YEARS LATER)

It was 11 p.m when my flight to Jeju Island arrived. Even when I stepped on to the plane, I was still contemplating my decision.

1 hour and 15 minutes later, I arrived at Jeju Island. That was when it hit me; I don't have his address. Stupid me, why I have not thought about this before?!?

I felt so hopeless. I just wanted to go home. But I'm already here, it's too late to give up now.

I googled about the hospitals in Jeju Island and found out that there are only three big hospitals in this island. However, one of the hospitals was in the Jeju City and I didn't think that Jiyong is staying in the city.

So there were two options left, Jeju National University Hospital and Halla Hospital.

I took a cab and asked the driver to drive to the first option first. I felt anxious because of my stupidness. I should have asked his aunt and uncle before going here.

25 minutes later, I arrived at the hospital. I stepped out and took a deep breath. The air here felt so fresh and different compare to Seoul. I might consider living here in the future.

I was not sure where should I asked because I have never been to a hospital before. I wandered around for a while and came across a middle-aged nurse.

I asked her which floor do they usually treat cancer patients and the nurse politely said that it was on the 3rd floor. I thanked her and took the escalator.

The first thing I saw as I reach the 3rd floor was the receiption counter. I approached the nurses there and asked whether they have a patient named Kwon Jiyong but sadly, the security there was strict. They can't even disclose a patient's name to a non-family member.

I expected so I just sat there, hoping that Jiyong will magically appear in front of me. I will wait here until 8 p.m then I will find a homestay and go to the second option tomorrow.......

~~~~~~~~~

I was awake from the sound of people chatting loudly in front of me. Oh, I accidentally fell asleep. I looked at my clock and it was already 3 p.m. It was way pass lunch time and I quickly stood up and head to the cafetaria.

The food there was quite good. After I took my lunch, I headed to a coffee shop next to the cafeteria and ordered an americano. I walked to the 3rd floor again and sat at the same spot.

I was looking at my right when suddenly I heard someone called my name at my left side. My heart beated so fast, I felt like I could pass out anytime.