6. Hand in Hand

Before this chapter starts I wanna take a moment to say Rest easy Johannah, you are a beautiful person and raised so many wonderful kids. My sincere condolences to Louis and his family and friends. 💙
-Lina🙏

••••

"Niall??"

The blonde-haired boy quickly turns around and is shocked.

"Harry!! Mate where have you been??" He runs towards Harry and Harry does the same, almost tripping over a bag of chips on the floor. He suffocates the Irish lad in a tight embrace and let's go. Looking at his innocent eyes, "I was apparently knocked out unconscious and don't remember anything. Then I found Louis." He points at the lad with the gun still pointed at Niall's head.

"Who's this?" Louis questions.

Harry notices he's not planning on putting the gun down anytime soon. "He's my bestfriend. It's okay Lou." Harry starts moving closer to Louis, reaching his hand out to push the gun down. Louis gives in and let's Harry put the gun to his side, but is still suspicious of the blonde lad.

The three lads made their way to the table at the front. Harry and Niall sitting down and Louis standing behind Harry, acting as if he were his bodyguard.

"So H, how you holding up?" Niall questions.

"Been trying to process all of what's going on. But my main concern is where my mum is and if she's doing okay." He says, his tone down and filled with worry.

Niall instantly makes a confused face, not understanding why Harry doesn't remember what happened. "So you don't remember anything during the apocalypse?" His curiosity getting the best of him.

"Nope. Nothing. I just remember seeing my mom and then blackout." You can see he's clearly upset because just the thought of his mum suffering like that breaks his heart.

"I've got an idea," the Irish lad starts. "Why don't you two come back with me to the camp we've got set up in a building a few minutes from here."

Before Harry can accept the offer, Louis cuts him off and answers, "No thank-you, we're actually headed to London and can't waste any time." Harry turns to him and ask "why not? We could rest there and get more supplies."

Harry turns around and smiles at Niall, "we'd love to go."

You can see the irritation in Louis eyes as Niall gets up and walks past him. Harry doing the same and following Niall, leaving Louis behind.

"Then it's settled," he says as he exits the store. "We'll get there faster by car." That's when Louis and Harry both notice the car. He even has a car?? Louis thinks to himself.

Niall hops in front and starts the engine. Harry taking shotgun and Louis behind Harry. As they back out, Harry flips the mirror of the car down, looking and noticing Louis staring at him. Harry gives him a reassuring smile and Louis returns it.

Louis scoots forward and whispers into Harry's ear, "If this doesn't work out, we're leaving right there and then." He places his hand on Harry's arm. Shivers run down Harry's body and he nods his head in agreement.

The drive there was fast, the whole car silent. Niall parks on the edge of the road, a huge building infront of them. "Welcome to our camp!" he's excited and very hyper.

They all exit the car, Harry and Louis following Niall, he knocks on the door and eyes appear at the window. The eyes disappear and someone yells from the other side of the door, "Who's with you?" The voice speaks. "My best mate Harry and his friend Lewis," Niall replies. "Louis," Harry corrects, looking back at Louis.