28. Days

Sorry for the late update guys, with graduation around the corner I've been busy but I'm always trying to write the best chapters in my spare time! Enjoy
-Lina❤

A few days pass by. The typical routine played out everytime. Louis slept on the sofa so Cameron had his own bed back, they'd eat breakfast, go for a walk around the perimeter, help Cameron on watch, and then back home to chill and sleep.

Louis hasn't seen Luke since that day, and Louis would occasionally pass by the small alley that led to the shed behind Luke's house. It was still rusty and old, and Louis had his suspicions on what was inside. He needed to know if he was going to stay here.

He didn't plan on staying, but he had no where else to go and no trace of Harry. Staying here at least gives him a base. He can go out looking for Harry and come back here. Construct a plan to find his curly.

Throughout the days, Louis has gotten to know a few people. They've helped him find things and got him hand stitched clothes. They're very sweet to him even though he was a complete stranger.

Today was different.

Today was quiet. Not as much noise and socialization or communication. When Louis walks out of the house, the atmosphere was tense even though no one was around. It felt strange.

He headed up the wall since Cameron's intrusted him to take watch once in a while by himself. Once up there, he grabs the binoculars and uses them to see past the trees.

Nothing was different, but it felt different and Louis couldn't figure out what it was. Out in the distance, he noticed some movement.

Probably a few walkers is all Louis thought. But he had to make sure they weren't a threat.

"Hey Lou." A voice behind him greets.

When Louis turns, he's greeted by Cameron's warm smile.

"Hey, can you take a look at something." Louis ask.

"Sure." Louis hands him the binoculars and points in the direction of the commotion.

He takes a minute to look around but doesn't see anything.

"It's probably nothing." He assures.

"Maybe I should go check." Louis suggest.

Cameron bites his lip, "you don't have to, you can stay here and I'll have someone else check."

Louis notices somethings worrying him by the way his voice is low. It's like he doesn't want Louis to see what's over there. He shrugged his shoulders and sat on the ledge.

Cameron rubs his arms nervously and joins him on the other side.

Louis has his eyes trained on the outside while Cameron's left with the view of this man right in front of him. Louis, despite his coldness and constantly having his gaurd up, has been extremely nice and caring towards him. It reminds him of how Luke used to be. The man that once had his heart. But now he feels he can't help him, that he's useless to Luke. That he may be the cause for not trying to help Luke enough. He's yet to realize what he did was enough and he couldn't change anything that happened. His dark past.

Now he looks at Louis and he sees the connection. The way he portrays the man Luke used to be.

Louis takes his gaze away from the forest and turns to a Cameron that's mesmerized in Louis crystal eyes. When they make eye contact, Cameron puts his head down quickly and begins to blush.

"Cam? You okay?" Louis ask in concern, making Camerons heart beat abnormally fast.

"Uh.. yea, it's not-"