31. Apocalypse

The noises.

Groans getting louder, the menacing screams from the innocent. It all happened in a quick second. Once those gates opened, the dead roamed in and flooded the living. The amount of blood spreading onto the floors was enough to fill a small lake.

Louis grabbed onto Harry's hand and pulled him, Lottie next to him holding Sophia as she clenched into her.

His heart was pumping, his eyes were wide, his body sweating. But his main focus was getting his family out of there.

The only entrance in St. Mary was the gates that we're now flooding in Walker's. The next best place was the mansion, but there was no way to tell if it was gonna hold.

They make it to the front, Louis let's go of Harry's hand and struggles to open the door. He looks back and the Walker's are close behind. He looks to his smaller sister, her face filled with horror and anxiety. She experienced the loss of her sister and her mother slip right out of her. She didn't deserve all of this.

Then he looks to Harry. Harry was lost. He kept glancing around, not knowing what to do or how to react. After all of that torture from his capture and to be let out into the world with more problems arising. His face filled with dirt and the clothes Zayn found for him a bit too big, he dragged himself.

Zayn managed to get out before everything happened, and Louis thankful for that. He's thankful for helping Harry escape. But he wished he would stay with him, he needed help now more than ever to get out.

Louis managed to get everyone inside, taking the biggest thing he could find, which was the sofa, and pushed it against the door with the help of Lottie.

Harry stood back with Sophia in his arms.

"Go check down the hall, I'll check upstairs. Be careful." He instructs Lottie, knowing she can handle herself and gives her his pistol.

Lottie nods her head before running down the hall. Before Louis leaves, he moves to where Harry's seated, Sophia on his lap and her head tucked into his neck. He squats down to Harry's level and looks him in his eyes. They looked lost. Empty even.

"Hazza.. baby." He attempts to drag Harry out of his trance, placing a finger under Harry's chin and lifting it.

Harry looks up, tears begin to fall down his cheeks, but somehow he manages to smile through the tears.

"I love you Lou." Voice breaking when he got the words out.

"I love you too." Louis replies, leaving him a quick and reassuring kiss on the forehead before he's taking out his machete and running up the stairs.

Sophia stirs in Harry's arms, she moves back and they meet eye to eye. Her big, brown eyes, as if Harry were looking into Liam's.

"I'm scared." She tells Harry in a frightened tone.

Harry looks at her and pulls her into a tight hung, whispering into her ear that she needed to be strong, just like her uncle Louis.

"You be strong too uncle Harry."

Harry pauses before he nods his head, hesitating because he doesn't even believe he could fake being strong.

Louis comes back after a few minutes, a few Walker's have made it to the front door but not enough to knock down the door.

"And Lottie?" Louis ask. She's no where in sight.

Harry shrugged his shoulders, a concerned look on his face. Sophia lay sleeping on top of Harry's lap, he picks her up when Louis was ready to jet off into the back side of the house.