22. Tomlinson

Harry's body was frozen. Jay felt the tension and moved back from the hug, she noticed his shocked expression and became confused.

"Harry, whats wrong?" She ask.

Harry steps back and it all hits him, caramel fringe, blue eyes, separated from his family.

"Louis Tomlinson," he lets out.

Jay's eyes open wide at the mention of her son's last name. "How did you?"

"At the beginning of all this, I found a lodge and then found Louis. He told me what happened and he took care of me." Harry begins, he can still see her shocked expression and he motions for her to sit on a chair.

"Is he?" She's afraid to ask.

Harry pauses. He doesn't know what to tell her. The last moment he saw Louis was at the warehouse and he was surrounded by those things. He doesn't want to give her the horrifying news and break her heart even more.

"I-I, don't-" he cuts himself off before saying anything he might end up regretting.

Her face turns pale and she places her hands over her face. Harry gets near her and places a hand on her back, attempting to comfort the broken mother.

"Please," she begins through sobs, "don't tell the girls, it'll break them even more, and I need them to be strong throughout this."

Harry nods his head in agreement. Those girls look like they are about 16 years old, but Harry knew their mother tried everything in her power not to expose them to what's going on in the world, trying to keep them safe. Yes, they may be able to take care of themselves, but what mother isn't overprotective of their kids? 

The room goes silent, until Harry tries to ease the tension and calls Sophia over. She prances into the room joyfully, the two girls following behind her.  

"Yes Uncle Harry?" She ask in an innocent tone. Harry looks at her clear, light blue eyes and instantly sees what Jay sees in her daughters. Hope. Hope that things will get better for these kids, for now, he had to do everything in his power to protect her. Also, now planning on caring for Jay and her kids for Louis. He misses his dearly, but being with his family brings him a sense of comfort, like Louis been by his side all this time, leading him to his family.  

"We should get going, it's getting pretty late and Sophia needs some rest," he chuckles as the small child yawns and leans her head against Harrys lap.  

"Thank you for everything Harry, you and Sophia are welcome anytime." She makes an attempt to stand but Harry moves in and hugs her while she's sat down so that she doesn't have to move. All three girls share a big hug and Lottie and Fizzy say their 'good-byes' to Harry as he steps out the door.  

 Harry makes his way out and Sophia clings to his hand, she yawns again and Harry picks her up, she lays her head on his shoulder and in seconds, she's asleep. He makes his way to Luke's house and cringes. He places the thought that maybe Luke was in a bad mood and that’s why everything happened. Shrugging all of it all and putting it in the past, Harry walks through the front door, and once again, he's met with a dark and empty house. Now Harry's worried, he goes to Sophia's room and places her on her bed. He tucks her in and makes his way to the bathroom to clean up a bit. Turning on the shower, he gathers his things and jumps in when the water gets warm. 

He shivers as the water hits his body and flows down his hair, it's gotten pretty long at this point, almost past his shoulders. Grabbing the soap, he lathers his body up and puts shampoo on his hair. Closing his eyes, he begins to hum the tune Luke was humming to earlier today, it's pretty catchy, but annoying. As he's washing his hair, he hears a sudden crash of glass breaking, he freezes and opens his eyes, accidently getting the shampoo in his eyes. He rushes to get the soap out of his eyes and starts to panic when he hears a child scream. Sophia.