13. Thantophobia

(n.) The fear of losing someone you love.

A few hours passed by after Harry first collapsed.

Louis been stroking his hair ever since, repeating "please, wake up" the whole time.

Someone came in and brought them what seemed like "food". But Louis ignored him. All of his focus was on Harry.

The way that this one person became such a big part of Louis life in such a short period of time amazed him.

He was falling for him. More than that, he didn't want to see him suffer anymore in this cruel world.

He looked at the younger boy who had his head in his lap. He didn't deserve to be treated like this, to be physically hurt by some asshole who's just in it to get a good laugh.

Harry started twitching his eyes, groaning a bit at the pain surging through his body.

He finally manages to open his eyes and smiles when he's met with crystal blue staring right back at him.

"Hey Lou," his scratchy voice barely gets out.

"Hey H," Louis replies. A small strain in his voice. He's been crying this whole time and his throat is dry from choking on his sobs.

Louis starts again, "I'm so sorry-"

"Please, stop. You don't need to be sorry." Harry lifts his hand and places it on Louis cheek. He wiped away a tear that began to fall.

"I'm okay." He assures Louis, but he sees through his lie.

"That assholes dead meat."

Harry sees the fury in Louis eyes. He needs to stop Louis before he gets himself killed.

He lifts his head, wincing at the pain in his back. Louis quickly grabs his arm and helps him sit up, hand placed on his back.

"Take it easy love. You shouldn't move as much." He rubs Harry's back and Harry lays his head back against the wall, taking in deep breaths as he tries to manage through the pain. It's everywhere.

Louis feels useless. He looks at Harry and knows he can't do anything. Looking at the corner of the room he remembers the "food" that was brought. He gets up, Harry watching him in confusion. Louis picks up the tray containing a piece of bread and some sort of meat. There's also water next to the plate. Moving back to Harry, he sits Infront of him. Picking up the cup of water, he puts it to Harry's lips. 

Harry takes small sips, then moves back away from the cup. Louis furrows his eyebrows and gives him a stern look, "you've got to drink love."

"You need some," he replies. Reaching his hand out, he pushes the cup towards Louis.

Louis takes a sip and puts it down. He then proceeds to grab the slice of bread on the plate and hands it to Harry.

Harry takes the bread and splits it into two.

"Here," he gestures to Louis. Louis shakes his head and gives a small thanks before he gets up and heads towards the door.

Harry gives up and eats his half, placing the other back on the plate.

Louis places his ear on the door. There's no sound or movement on the other side.

Suddenly, he hears footsteps approaching. He moves back and looks around the floor. Harry notices what he's doing and attempts to get up. He manages but he's still using the wall to support most of his body.

Louis doesn't find anything, so he takes the chair and smashes it against the floor. The pieces go flying and scatter across the floor. He grabs the sharpest piece and hands another to Harry. Harry places it into his pocket and moves to Louis.