8. Torn

Screams are heard throughout the small cabin house.

"LOUIS! GET OUT OF HERE, NOW!"

He's sitting in the corner of the room, hands covering his ears and eyes forced closed. Body shaking in fear of just the thought of what's on the other side of that door. The door now being held closed by his step-father. His mother and sisters are all in the other room, probably as terrified as he is right now.

Louis eyes instantly opened when he hears the growls become louder. The door swings open and his step-father goes to grab one of Louis footie trophies from off of a shelf. He begins banging those monsters on their heads. The sight is horrifying, Louis begins to get up and rushes to the windows. Opening one up with his shaky hands, he looks back to see his step-father moving backwards as the monsters lunge their bodies at him.

They start ripping his body apart, blood spurring everywhere. Limbs flying and monsters fighting for each one. Louis looks away fast, tears appearing at his eyes. He jumps down, landing on his feet and he begins to run as fast as he could.

He doesn't once look back. He just keeps running. His heart pounding out of his chest. What's happening? Why? He thinks to himself.

Stopping in his tracks when his feet reach road. He's in the middle of the street, collapsing to his knees and curling up into a ball as the images of what just happened flow through his mind. Tears pour out of his eyes.

Everything was fine yesterday, what changed??

••••

(Yesterday)

"Louis! Did you finish your chores?" A woman's voice yells.

"Yes Mom!" He replies back. Obviously lying because he hasn't even touched his school work. It was Saturday, no one does work on a Saturday, you procrastinate till the last minute, more motivation to get it done am I right?

He's laying on his bed, computer in front of him. Scrolling through twitter and stalking as many celebrities as he can.

*Ding*

His eyebrows furrow as he received an email. A few weeks ago he sent in his application to NYU. Right now he's going to his local college, but he's always been passionate about Art and performance. Just the thrill of performing infront of a big audience.

He scrolls over to the email icon and clicks it open. An email from NYU. The moment of truth.

He begins to read the email, a huge grin forming as he reads..

Congratulations Louis Tomlinson, you've been accepted into our program.

He burst up and starts celebrating. Jumping on his bed, almost falling off.

The doors open and his sister Lottie pases by. "Mom! Louis going crazy again!" She yells down the hall. Louis jumps down from the bed and grabs Lottie, almost suffocating her into a bear hug.

"Stop trying to hurt your sister Louis," his mom warns. He lets go and runs to his mother. Squeezing her into the tightest hug that he can.

"Mom! I got accepted into NYU!" He repeatedly chants.

"That's incredible baby! Congratulations!" She praises back.

By this time, Louis has let out all of his energy and went back to read the rest of the email. It says he could start after his semester ends and enter the Arts program.

Louis hype. He can't wait to move out and start. He's been working all of this time and already has everything planned as to how he's gonna live his new life in the big city.

But sadly, none of that will work out.

After that, he went and showered and went to bed.

Meanwhile, his mom was watching the news.

"A deadly virus has been released into the air and has been spreading rapidly. We advise everyone to stay inside their houses until the CDC takes control of the situation."

••••

It's been a few weeks since the outbreak started. Louis eventually ended up running back home, only to find it vacant and his dead step-fathers lifeless body on the floor of his room.

His mum and sister were no where in sight. He immediately thought the worst and tears began rolling down his cheeks.

After that, he's been scavenging everything he could from their local supermarket. He taught himself on how to kill walkers and what he needed to ration to make it enough for the week.

He became a true survivor with the help of nobody but only pure instinct and the pain he's suffered, putting it into good use as strength. He was brave, but you could clearly see the hurt in his eyes.

Waking up every morning, starting his daily routine.

He puts on his clothes, grabbing his belt on the table next to his bed and shoving the knife in the pocket of it.

He walks down the hall and puts on his shoes, moving to the counter and grabbing something to eat. Grabbing some chips and out the door.

He walks down the regular trail, headed to the next store he finds, usually a market or a department store.

At the market, he'll take a few cans of food and anything bagged. If he's lucky, he'll find candy bars that aren't bad.

At the department store, he'll go around looking for anything useful to fend off the walkers: Flashlights, weapons, blankets, and any clothes he may need in the future.

His favorite thing to do is to go to the fragile section of the store. Picking up the baseball bat that he always leaves there and swinging it with all his might. Glass shattering everywhere, this might attract walkers, but he doesn't care. Hes smiling, something he never does anymore. Letting all the pain out through each swing.

Before it gets dark he heads back. Only this time it's different, there are a bunch of walkers infront of his door. This'll be fun.

He pulls out his machete and whistles at the walkers. They move closer to him, one by one, each one getting a machete to the head. The smile on his face couldn't get any bigger.

After that's done, he's a little tense, he moves towards the door and goes to open it. Once he swings it open, he's met with a raging pain to his head and he blacks out.

What just happened?