17. Time

Before the chapter starts, big shouts out to riddlepop ❤ first to comment and it motivated me to keep going so...THANKYOU!

••••

The morning sun shines through the small window in the room, the warm light on Louis face awakens him. He squints a bit as he looks down at the peaceful lad sleeping under him. He smiles, knowing he's got his Hazza and he's not planning on losing him anytime soon.

He admires Harry's face, his greasy curls flowing down from his head, his broad chest moving up as he takes a breath. He places a finger on his cheek and glides it up and down. Caressing his cheek and playing with a curl.

Harry squeezes his eyes but enjoys the feeling of something soft on his face, he leans into the sensation. Opening his eyes, he's met with fond crystal blue ones staring right back at him. He smiles, his dimple showing a bit.

"Morning love," Louis whispers into Harry's curls before placing a gentle kiss onto the boys head.

"Morning Lou." Harry stretches, but jumps when Louis places a hand on his chest.

"What do you think about leaving?" He questions, only for Harry to tilt his head in confusion. Louis barely slept after Harry did and he woke up early, his mind wandering. Images of what they've went through in this horrid apocalypse surface and cluttered his mind. He also started looking at his arm, he didn't believe it still. It was gone. This would've never happened if he just ran away, but then he would've never learned to love.

All of the negativity and devestating outcomes that have occured, he doesn't want that for Harry anymore. He doesn't want him hurt.

"What do you mean leave?" Harry finally questions back.

"The coast, me and you can find a place their and settle, a nice farm by the land or-"

"What about the others?" Harry interupts.

Louis face drops at the thought of leaving them behind, but a group will only attract more of those walkers and put Harry in more danger.

He pauses for a minute and finally let's out, "I just don't want you to get hurt anymore." He caresses Harry's face, rubbing his thumb gently over the scar on Harry's eyebrow.

"We can't just leave them to scavenge for themselves Lou, Niall's like my brother, Zayn is a good surviver, and then we can't leave poor little Sophia, she just lost her father and she needs all the support she could get."

Louis gets up into a sitting position, grabbing his legs and looking towards the wall infront of them. He's lost in thought, but he just wants the best for him and Harry.

"Give it some time." Harry sits up and places his head on Louis shoulder, sending sparks all throughout his body.

Time.

A lot of events take place in a matter of seconds, changing someone's life completely. Louis didn't like the idea of waiting, he needed to leave before something happened.

"Okay," Louis agrees after minutes of silence.

"Great, let's see if the others are up." Harry jumps up and cups Louis face.

Harry looks into his eyes, blue orbs now resembling the dark depths of the ocean. So mysterious and yet his eyes were filled with hope as he stares at the emerald ones. They lean in for a passionate kiss and pull back.

"Morning breath," they both comment after, chuckling before getting out of bed.

Louis still debates in his head whether or not to tell Harry about his mother. Him and Niall never got to talk about it and knowing the situations they've been through, it's gonna come back to them.