10. Frantic

Liam and Sophia have always had the worst luck.

Before the apocalypse, Liam lived with the mother of his child and Sophia. He was unemployed and Sophie's mom had a full time job at the local hospital, they were going through serious financial problems. To add onto that, Sophia came, making it more difficult for them to support themselves, and now adding a baby to their main priority.

Liam met Cheryl when he was 16, she was 20. They talked, had fun, decided to move in together, and that's when the problems started. Liam was always the one working while Cheryl was out clubbing or with her friends getting drunk. He would come home to find that she's not there, clean the house, make dinner and fall asleep. Only to hear the door ring at 2 in the morning to let Cheryl in.

Liam finally decided to change things and talk to her about their life. They argued, screaming and yelling heard throughout the house. He told her to get her life together and she told him to stop worrying for her.

She packed her bags and left. Leaving a frustrated Liam with multiple bills to pay.

A few months past and Liam was at peace, everything was payed for ever since he moved to a smaller flat, he started to save money. Everything was going good and he was finally happy.

Until one day, he heard relentless knocking on the door. He had just got out of bed and started making his tea when he heard it. Rushing to the door he swings it open and is met with Cheryl. Only difference being...

She was 5 months pregnant.

She apologized to him, and Liam, being the sweet, gullible man he was accepted her back into his life, but he wasn't doing it for her, he was doing it for his future daughter.

Too bad the baby wasn't even his.

••••

"What?!" Liam yells. He jumps up from the sofa and runs to her room. Empty.

He checks the bathroom. Empty.

The boys all get up and start searching around the house.

"Sophie!! Sophie please come out if you're hiding, it's not funny." Louis yells with his hands cupped around his voice.

Liam comes back into the room, tears raining down but anger in his eyes.

"Sophia Payne! Come out this instant!" Anger in his voice.

"The doors open," Harry points out.

Liam runs to get his and Sophie's coat and jets out the door.

"Liam! Wait for us! You can't go alone, that's suicide!" Zayn attempts to get the lads attention, but he's already out the door. "Fuck it," Zayn groans. He grabs his sweater and a gun, placing it on his belt, he leaves.

"We should go help too," Harry suggest. He goes to grab his boots, yes he did keep them, but is stopped by Louis hand on his arm.

"It's not safe, we don't know what else is in this building. Stay here with Niall to see if she comes back, I'll go." Louis commands, worry in his tone. He doesn't want to risk Harry getting hurt from searching for a little girl that's who-knows-where.

"But I wanna help," Harry pouts.

"I know you do love, but I don't want you to get hurt."

"I can take care of myself," Harry feels offended. Why is he treating me like a kid?

"I'm not sayi-"

"Fine." Harry firmly says.

Louis notices Harry's anger and leaves. It's for his own good. He thinks, trying to make things better when he knows he might have fucked up with Harry.