Chapter 5

Varun's POV

My car vrooms ahead and I don't know where I'm going. I stormed off from Siddharth's house. Bitter tears are still streaming down my face and I can't be bothered to wipe them. I've loved her all my life, from the bottom of my heart. Her sorrows are my sorrows, her happiness is mine. Darkness glooms over my car. I think I'm on a street near an alley way. I don't think anyone is near me, so I make my car move faster and faster and faster...

"SHIT!!!" I shriek as another car heads towards me. I close my eyes tightly and prepare to be severely injured or even die...

I'm blinded by the flashing lights of the car swerving to the side. I sigh in relief and someone gets out of the white car. I can hear high heels clicking towards me.

"What? Varun!?!" A familiar voice says...

Shraddha's POV

I pace up and down the Siddharth's living room, biting my nails in anxiety. "He loved me. How? What! When? These questions... I just can't think straight. If only I knew..." I say, as a tear falls down my cheek.

"Wait, what? Shraddha, do you love him back?" Siddharth asks.

"I... I don't know. I don't think so... I mean, he is one of the most important people in my life, but when I proposed to him when I was 8 was just a crush. Just childish infatuation..." My throat is so dried up and croaky I sound like a frog.

"Shraddha, it's ok. He'll be alright. He's just sad and will be alright in a few days. Don't get so worked up about it."

"He's not sad! He's... heartbroken, because of me." I sob.

I look in Siddharth's eyes and I can't believe I'm about to say this...

"I can't Siddharth. I just can't."

"You can't what Shraddha? Stop beating around the bush." He queries.

"I can't be with you!" I scream in pain and drop to the floor.

"What? No Shraddha, just becau-"

"He's my best friend! I'm sorry, I know that you'll understand. I don't deserve such an amazing, sweet person like you anyway. I know you'll find the best for you one day." I say, then walk out his door.

I know, I know! Don't kill me for breaking Varun and Siddharth's hearts! I promise it'll get better! Who could the mysterious person who saved Varun be? All in the next chapter!!!!!!!!