Chapter 8

Shraddha's POV

Siddharth: And I really like you Shraddha! But I can't be with you...

What does he mean?

Me: I'm sorry for what happened! I hope you know I never meant for it to end this way! You have every right to be mad...

Siddharth: It's not that...

Me: Then what is it?

Siddharth: I can't tell you like this. Meet me at Bobby's in an hour.

Me: Ok...

I can't be with Varun or Siddharth! I need to find out what's going on...

At the restaurant...

Shraddha's POV

When I arrive, I can see Siddharth waiting on a table. He gets up and hugs me. "How are you?" He says. I don't reply.

"Please," I say after a while. "Don't beat around the bush. Tell me why."

"Well, my manager thinks that the only thing to get a star extra famous is for them to be in a proper relationship with another famous celeb. So he did a survey of which actress I look best with and my fans voted. It included Parineeti, you, Alia and Katrina. The winner was Alia and now... I have to be in a fake relationship with her,"

"What? But your manager can't force you,"

"I messed up." He says sorrowfully. "I signed a contract."

I sigh. "Tomorrow, I'm going to have to propose to her in a gala event in public. Shraddha, do you still have that charm bracelet I gave to you?" He queries. The butterflies in my stomach flutter.

"Yeah."

"Keep it. A humble request." He says.

"So this is it?" I say.

"I don't want it to be... But I guess it is." He says and my heart pains in agony. It pains and I feel like I'm about to shatter into a mililon sharp pieces.

"Wait... Alia and I haven't made it official yet... We could see if my agent could make you and I a couple instead."

"You think he would agree?" I say with hope rising up tot the skies.

"There's only one way to find out and he's quite stubborn so... But yeah! I'm not giving up on our relationship Shraddha." I smile weakly at him.

Varun's POV

"That'll be £50 or you can pay in rupees, Sir."

"Umm, I'll pay with pounds."

"No problem Sir." The cashier hands me a small box with ribbon on the top.

"Thanks." I tuck it in my pocket. I can't believe I'm going to do this. Propose to someone. To Jacqueline to be my girlfriend. I have had my heart broken in love before but maybe, maybe I won't have it broken this time. We've spent time together lots in the past month. Shared secrets and our past. And we even got an offer for a romance movie together! Jacqueline had no hesitation to accept it. If our feelings aren't mutual, what is? I text her.

-Text-

Me: Come over to my place, be there in half an hour, ok?

Jacqueline: Ok x

I feel excited and a rush fills my body. When I get home, I decorate the place. I light up candles in the living room. I sprinkle rose petals on the floor. I place a teddy bear on the table stating, "Be mine." In the passageway, I leave a trail of flowers. I change into a white shirt and wear a red tie. I wait for about 20 minutes and she still doesn't turn up.

"She always turns up late. She'll come." I try to comfort myself.

After what felt like 10 years, the doorbell rang. I straightened my tie and went to open it. As soon as I opened it, I covered Jacqueline's eyes. "Varun, what is this?" She says.

"You'll see," I say and I lead her the living room and take my hand off her eyes.
I clear my throat. "Umm, ok I'm not really good at these kind of things," I say and Jacqueline raises her eyebrows in sarcasm. "This was a really big step for me because I've had my heart broken before but this time I felt confident. Um... Ok," I take a deep breath. "Jacqueline Fernandez," I say and pull out the box from my pocket, "will you go on a date with me? Will you go out with me?"

"Varun.... I... I... Yes! But I hope your not boring," She laughs and hugs me.

Has Varun finally found true love? Will Shraddha and Siddharth be allowed to pursue their love? What will happen next in this love rollercoaster?
Don't forget to follow, vote and comment! Love you all!❤️
~Saarah~