Chapter 16

Shraddha's POV

Jacqueline is just like my roommate. She comes over everyday after work, but today she isn't at my house. I take out a floral dress and tights and a black side bag.

"SHRADDHA!!!!" I can hear my name being called out from downstairs. I lean over the banister and I can see Jacqueline literally jumping up and down.

"Calm down yaar! What's making you so happy?!" I say sliding down the stairs.

"Well... I... I got engaged!!!!" She squeals.

I let out a scream in happiness! "Really, who to? Don't tell me that it's..." I say.

"Salman!" She says dreamily, finishing off my sentence. I hug her tightly.

"I'm so happy for you!" We jump up and down like kids in primary.

"Tomorrow is our engagement party! Please help me select an outfit! Shopping spree time!!!!" She says.

"Yes, of course I wi-" I suddenly remember I'm having coffee with Aditya. He'll think I let him down if I don't turn up, meanwhile this is such a happy day for Jacq. I have to be with my best friend,she's getting married after all!

"Yeah! Ok, I'll be back, let me get changed." I say.

"Ok."

Shraddha's thoughts:

Should I tell Aditya that I can't make it? Yes, I should. But then he'll ask why. I don't want to tell him good news that isn't even mine. I'm sure he won't mind. I'll text him to say I won't make it and then I'll switch my phone off.

I take my phone and quickly message him. "Now get dressed, you duffer!" I say to myself.

Jacqueline's POV

I can't believe it! This is literally the happiest day of my life! I'm engaged! To Salman Khan! I never thought I would find love again, but I guess true love can happen again. We dated for 3 months but I never thought it would become so serious!

"Ok, let's go!" Shraddha says. We go to a very renowned boutique and it has the most expensive but beautiful gowns.

"Try some on and I'll tell you which one is the best!" Shraddha says to me.

"OK." I choose three gowns: a red tight fitted one with a mermaid tail at the end, a black mini dress, and light blue cinderella style gown. I try on the black one first!

"Ooh! I like it! Chic and classy!" Shraddha says her opinion.

The red one:

"You look the little mermaid!"

Blue one:

"You look stunning yaar!"

"So which one looks the best?" I ask.

"I love all of them yaar, but I think you look just like a princess in the blue one! Salman's princess!"

"Stop teasing me! Alright then, I think the black minidress would look nice on you!" I say.

"No, don't worry about me yaar! I'll find something at home..."

"I insist! You'll look so beautiful! You won't stay single for long..."

"Jacq, yaar! Ok, fine! You keep pestering me so, yeah."

I giggle. "Come on, let's go and eat!" I say.

"Yeah, OK. Wait! I'll cook for you! I've always wanted to have my own show called Cooking with Shraddha!"

I laugh. This girl is too funny. "Can you actually cook?" I ask.

She lets out a dramatic sigh. "What yaar! You seriously doubt my cooking skills! Just let me step into the kitchen and you will feel like there has been a bomb. WHOOSH!" We both burst out laughing.

Shraddha's POV

Outside my door is Aditya and Siddharth!

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Umm... I'll wait inside." Jacqueline says and gives me a mischievous smile.

"Hi Shraddha. I needed to talk to you that  day at the studio but you left before I could say a word."
"Ok. Why are you here Aditya?" I query.

"I can't talk about it now. It was something private." He says, looking down. "I wanted to ask... Will you go out with me?"
Siddharth's eyes widen.
"What? Shraddha I wanted to give it another go with you... I still have feelings for you!" He exclaims.
"What?" This is too much pressure.
"Ok, make your decision. Choose: Me or Aditya?"

Who will Shraddha choose? What will happen at Jacqueline's engagement party? What drama will happen next!?!
~ Saarah