Chapter 14

Shraddha's POV

"Doctor, it says negative." I sigh.

"But the symptoms, I think..."

"What Doctor?" I say.

"You definitely were pregnant... I think you had a miscarriage when you fainted as you were too weak."

I begin to cry. I have lost my child even if I didn't know about it. It's weird how I'm crying for someone I've never met. I love someone who doesn't exist anymore.

"Doctor, thanks. I'll show you out." Jacqueline leads him to the door.

When she comes, she says to me, "It's ok Shraddha. Bakhlal wouldn't have spared you. He would have considered it as a burden. Come here." She hugs me and I cry into her shoulder.

I wake up the next morning to hear Jacqueline's voice and... Varun's.

"So Shraddha was pregnant. With my child? What if it was Siddharth's?" I can hear him say.

"What?! Varun, no it was yours. It's so sad that she had a miscarriage. It must pain."

"And it's all because of you!" I say and enter the room. "The doctor said it was because I was weak when I fainted. If you didn't flee and helped me regain consciousness, my baby might have been alive." I say tearfully.

"Shraddha! When the media would find out about our affair, it would be the biggest scandal of our careers. Thank God no one found out!" He exclaims.

"You monster! So you do not feel any sadness that your child died?!" I shriek in ahock.

"Of course I do! I'm so sad about it. I'll be here, for you, Shraddha." He says, not so convincingly.

"Get out." I say.

"What?!"

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU FILTHY DOG! DON'T YOU EVER SHOW ME YOUR FACE AGAIN!" I shout and it's like there is a thunder.

"Shraddha baby, I love you..."

"I don't know why I am saying this Varun... But it feels like... That you are HAPPY that your child died!!" 

"No, of course not! I'm just relieved!"

"Relieved! What, that it dies before your family found out! Before our managers! Before the media! Before the world found out?"

"Varun! You know what, I wouldn't have cared! I have a right to do what I want! I wouldn't care if I lost my fame, fans, money blah blah. I would be happy to have a child. Who would love me and I would be proud of them!" I say.

"Varun... It's best you leave." Jacqueline says. 

But he's already gone.