Chapter 25: The Statues

GiGi's P.O.V.

Trunks and Goten remove what's left of their costume while I float off to the side, arms crossed. Trunks throws his piece down, "Drat! How do you think she figured out it was us?!"

I shrug, "maybe she knew by the fact that you guys were five foot tall and lumpy." I say in a matter-of-fact manner.

Trunks narrows his eyes at me with a small glare and I hear Goten exclaim, "huh?" I turn my gaze in the direction he's looking and see Videl flying there.

"Oh!" I say, "it's Videl!" I cup my hands around my mouth before shouting, "VIDEL!"

She turns her head in our direction before flying over to us. Her face looks slightly panicked as she says, "you guys are not going to believe what happened!" She then starts telling us all about what's going on and I am quite shocked but at the same time I feel this strange excitement, a kind of excitement I have never felt before and it's making me shake.

"Warlocks..." Trunks mumbles, "genies...." he looks over at Goten and I, "wow! Did you hear that guys?" He asks.

I nod, "uh-huh!" I respond.

"Yeah!" Goten says.

Trunks laughs and Goten says, "wow! That's so cool!"

"It is, isn't it?!" Trunks asks us.

I nod with a laugh. Videl is staring at us like we all just grew two heads. "What?!" She says.

Goten looks to our right before saying, "that way, right?!"

I nod, "yeah! I can feel their chi in that direction!" I respond.

"Lets go then!" Trunks tells us.

"W-wait! Where do you think you're going?!" Videl exclaims.

Trunks turns his head to look at us, "hurry! Before they beat all the bad guys!"

Goten screams, "no way! I wanna see! I wanna see Boo the genie!"

I roll my eyes at them before saying, "well then, GO!" With that we all turn super saiyan and rocket in that direction, leaving Videl behind to watch our retreating forms.

"WOO-HOO!" The three of us shout as we fly.

We fly for awhile, crossing lakes, hills, and mountains. But we're stopped in our tracks when we suddenly feel a very powerful chi strike us. My eyes widen as the power level shakes me from my very core and my head is turned to the right, where the power level originates.

"Huh?!" Trunks exclaims, "there's a huge, powerful chi over that way again... what's going on here?"

I suddenly feel very uneasy, like something terrible is about to happen. "Guys..." I say, barely above a whisper. They look at me and I meet their eyes as I say, "something's wrong. I can feel it."

They both swallow at this, seeming to rethink things. Goten looks to the right again before asking, "which way should we go, guys?"

Trunks looks to the right, "well... this chi is kind of spooky... so, it could be the genie." He clenches his fist and looks at Goten and I, "and a genie's a lot cooler, right?"

Goten and I exchange a glance, before I smile and nod. I look at Trunks as Goten and I say, "right!" Simultaneously.

We power up again as Trunks says, "let's go!" And we rocket to the right, heading in that direction.

I can't shake this uneasy feeling I have. It seems to be pulling at my heart, and I don't like it. Trunks must notice my change of mood because he looks at me and says, "don't worry GiGi." I look at him and he gives me a smile, "you've got me and Goten to protect you if anything goes wrong!" He tells me.