Chapter 27: You've Made Me Proud, Part 2.

GiGi's P.O.V.

I watch, still in shock, as Vegeta gets back up. He clutches his arm, which looks broken and is bleeding badly. Vegeta growls, "c...curse him..." he mutters. He looks out at the crater, muttering something else that I can't make out.

I duck down when I see Babidi look over in our direction. But it turns out he was looking at Vegeta, "heheheh!" He chuckles, "he's a tough one! He would've been a good servant!" He says.

Trunks looks at Piccolo, "Dad... won't lose to a genie... will he?" He asks him.

Piccolo says nothing, he doesn't even look at Trunks.

Buu floats down to the ground in front of Vegeta, standing a few gets away from him. He waves at Vegeta, "you die now." He says, "bye bye."

Vegeta says nothing, glaring at Buu with a hard scowl.

"Come on Vegeta..." I whisper, "do something!"

Buu places his hands on his stomach, bringing some of his fat together. He pulls it out, the pink fat looking like stringy bubble gum. He laughs as he pulls it from his body, playing with it.

"What?!" I say in shock with the others.

Vegeta scowls, "What is that... sickening thing doing?" He says.

Buu giggles, opening his mouth. A bright light collects in his mouth, a beam of energy. Vegeta's eyes widen and he kicks off the ground to avoid getting hit with the beam. Buu throws the bubble gum string at Vegeta, "squish!" Buu shouts.

The thing suddenly wraps around Vegeta's body, squeezing him hard as he falls to the ground.

"Vegeta!" I say with a gasp.

"No!" Trunks says, his eyes wide.

Buu claps his hands in delight, Vegeta coughs up blood, gasping for air. Buu laughs, sitting down on Vegeta and punching his face over and over and over again.

"H-He'll be killed!" Krillin says in a panic, "w-where are Goku and Gohan?! Don't tell me they're already dead!"

Goten glares at Krillin, "no! My brother can't die!" He says.

I suddenly feel an energy level spike close to me. I look over and see Trunks shaking with a hard scowl. Piccolo must sense it too because he looks at Trunks, "no Trunks! You cannot go down there! You will only die in vain! And add to the weight on Vegeta's soul!" He says, trying to reason with him.

Trunks growls and his power level spikes dramatically. He launches off the rock and towards Vegeta, "I DON'T CARE!" He shouts as he goes super saiyan.

"Wait!" I shout, jumping off the rock and going super saiyan, "I'm going too!" I shout as I fly after him.

"Me too!" Goten shouts as he comes up behind us, going super saiyan as well.

The three of us rocket by Babidi, leaving him confused. Trunks is the first to reach Vegeta, kicking Buu off of Vegeta and to the other side of the field. Goten and I run over to Vegeta, unwrapping his body from the pink thing.

"Vegeta?" I call, trying to get a response out of him.

He groans and Trunks runs over, "Dad! Hang on!" He says as we help Vegeta sit up.

I hear a yell, and look up to see Piccolo chop Babidi in half with his hand. I swallow the lump in my throat and turn away.

Vegeta stares up at Piccolo, who's floating in the sky. He's quiet, almost as if he's thinking about something, "Trunks..." he says at last, "take... care of your mother..."

Trunks looks at Vegeta in confusion, "what do you mean?" He asks. Vegeta says nothing, staring silently into the distance.

I look at Vegeta, just as confused as Trunks. "What do you mean? 'Take care of mom'? Are you going somewhere?" Trunks asks Vegeta.

Vegeta doesn't respond at first, "Trunks..." he finally says, "you're my only son and I haven't held you once since you were a baby have I?" He questions.

Trunks blinks in confusion, glancing at Goten and I. I shrug, glancing between him and Vegeta.

Vegeta turns to Trunks, "come here son." He says. Trunks doesn't move so Vegeta walks over, taking his unbroken arm and wrapping it gently around Trunks, pulling him into a hug.

I watch in shock, I've never seen Vegeta and Trunks hug one another. But I get the feeling Vegeta isn't doing this for no reason. And by the look in his eyes, I can tell he's got something planned.

Trunks face rests on Vegeta's stomach, "Dad?" He says, "Dad, what's wrong?" He blushes in embarrassment, "this is embarrassing. C'mon Dad..."

Vegeta stares down at Trunks, and I can see sadness in his eyes. He finally speaks, "Trunks... there is something you must know..."

Trunks looks up at Vegeta.

Vegeta does something that I don't expect. He smiles at Trunks, and says, "you've made me proud, my son." And I know he means it.

Vegeta lifts his hand up and brings it down hard on Trunks's neck. Trunks gasps as he falls over, his hair turning purple again as he falls to the ground, completely unconscious.

I gasp, "Trunks!" I run over and shake his shoulders, "wake up!" Anger flares inside me and I glare up at Vegeta, "why would you do that?! What were you thinking?!" I shout.

Vegeta stares down at me, saying nothing. He bends down, bringing his hand on the side of my neck. I gasp at the sharp pain, falling to the ground as I lose all my strength.

I hear Goten gasp, "GiGi!"

Everything goes black in a few seconds. But I see Vegeta knock Goten out as well.

This makes me worried, what does Vegeta have planned?

(A/N: hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The ending was very emotional for me to write, we all know why 😢. But I hope you enjoyed reading it! I'll try to update soon, but until then. Peace!)