five

saturday 2:55 pm

it was a cold saturday afternoon, the girls were all gathered at amalie's house getting ready for another party.

the party was in 5 hours, but they wanted to hang out and amalie needed help decorating her apartment for christmas.

"do you guys want anything to eat?" amalie asked her friends who were busy putting up the christmas tree.

"i'm fine with anything." aisha replied, the others nodding along.

amalie went into the kitchen to prepare a snack.

"so pia, how's your boy toy?" enya teased.

pia sighed rolling her eyes, "he's not my boy toy. to be honest i don't know what we are."

"oh yikes." aisha said.

"i know," pia frowned slightly before changing the subject. "how about you enya, how's alana?"

"i'm over her, there's a new guy in me and nat's business class," she said looking at natalie who sat quietly on the couch. "isn't he such a papi?"

"yeah." natalie nodded looking down.

pia sensed that something was bugging her usually cheerful friend. out of all the girls, natalie was always the happiest. it was odd seeing her sad. pia can't even remember the last time she saw her upset. but before she could ask, amalie called the girls to the dining room to have a snack.

"i didn't know what you guys wanted so i made sandwiches." amalie said.

they all sat down and each grabbed a sandwich, natalie was the last to get one. the whole time she stared at her bread.

by the time aisha was done eating, natalie still hadn't touched hers, which concerned amalie.

"hey nat? are you gonna eat that?" amalie asked snapping natalie out of her trance.

"no, i'm not hungry." she answered not looking up.

"oh do you want anything to drink?" amalie asked looking at pia who looked as concerned as her.

"i'm fine with my water, thank you." natalie smiled weakly.

something was up with natalie and they were determined to find out.

7:00 pm

they made their way to christa wong's house where the christmas party was gonna be held.

once they arrived, natalie immediately went to the bar to get a couple of drinks. her off behavior was quickly spotted by aisha.

"natalie slow down!" aisha chuckled at her friend who was already chugging her second beer.

she shook her head stubbornly before leaving aisha to go sit somewhere else.

"what's up with her?" enya asked aisha.

"i don't know," aisha shrugged. "she's been like this since this morning."

"maybe she's just loosening up?" enya stated, which ended up sounding more like a question.

"well she's definitely doing a good job at it." aisha said as they watched their friend take shots.

they decided to let it go and dance with pia and amalie.

"is the riot club coming?" pia asked her friends, hoping she'd see chris again.

"no, it's an all girls party to forget about boys." aisha said.

"or other girls!" enya called.

"why?" aisha asked, already knowing why he's friend wanted to know if they were coming.

"it's fine." pia looked down nervously.

the three girls squealed at how embarrassed their friend looked.

"you're so whipped bro." amalie said with a deep voice.

"am not man!" pia huffed.

the two went back and forth like children, but that was soon interrupted by loud whispers and people crowing around something.

"what the hell happened to her?!" christa wong asked.

"i found her here, she drank too much." another third year girl said.

"let's take her home," enya said as aisha picked her up.

they all made their way to pia's apartment since it was the closest to christa wong's house. it was about two blocks away which wasn't that bad. plus natalie was very light.

the girls made it home right before midnight. aisha laid natalie down on pia's bed, while amalie made tea for everyone. enya and pia sat on both sides of natalie hoping that she was okay.

amalie came in with tea, which was perfect as enya was ready to spill.

"so nathan and i hit it off tonight." enya sipped her tea.

"you guys hooked up?!" pia said too loud, causing natalie to stir.

"what happened to alana?" amalie asked.

"eh, not my type." enya shrugged.

"so you and nathan huh, what's he like?" aisha asked.

"he's so nice, a great dancer, definitely a great kisser," she thought about how perfect his lips were on hers. "oh, and he's taking me out tomorrow!"

"yes, girl get it!" pia punched the air with her fist again disrupting natalie's slumber.

this time, natalie muttered, "i killed shawn's baby tonight."