twenty four

sunday 11:00 a.m

"hey are you sure you're fine with me leaving you here?" pia asked her best friend who she caught staring into space.

"yeah i'm fine." amalie whispered back.

"doesn't seem like it," pia said as she took a seat next to her. "i can always cancel with the girls."

"no i don't want to keep you here and make you miserable. you've already done so much for me, go out." amalie replied feeling guilty that she kept pia for the whole weekend.

of course pia didn't mind, but amalie felt bad that she had to cancel her date with chris and brunch with the girls because of her.

"no, i'm staying here. it's my choice. i want to help you feel better." pia said as she texted the group chat that her and amalie couldn't make it.

"you really don't have to, but thank you."

"you're my favourite person, i'll always have your back." pia smiled. "anyways how are you feeling?"

"still like shit. i still can't remember what happened and i have no proof."

"you have the picture."

"yeah but what am i going to report?"

"invasion of privacy? taking a picture without consent?" pia said.

amalie shook her head, "i just want to know if i was," she lowered her voice. "raped."

a couple seconds later, the buzzer rang indicating that there was a person at the door or more like 3 people at the door.

pia stood up to answer the door to see aisha, natalie, and enya.

"oh hey guys." pia said. "um nows not a good time-"

"sis amalie's been m.i.a for a week we need to know if she wasn't kidnapped." enya said.

"no," amalie said from the hallway. "they can stay. i want to tell them."

"oh my god! are you preg-" enya started before being quickly cut off by pia's elbow jabbing into her side.

"no it's not that, i hope i'm not." amalie said.

the girls took a seat on the couch while amalie sat cross legged in front of them.

"so i went to a party last week. i didn't mean to, i was looking for shawn." amalie started.

"for shawn? why were you looking for him?" aisha asked.

"because we're um, dating."

"what?!" enya yelled. "what about the-" she said nudging her head towards natalie.

natalie noticed and shook her head, "enya its fine, amalie and i talked about it."

"oh okay that's good."

"guys shut up let her continue." aisha interrupted.

amalie took a breath before continuing, "shawn wasn't home, but his brother was. he was having a small get together so he invited me in for some drinks. i decided to stay and wait for shawn and completely forgot that he was at his friend's house. anyways so i met a family friend of shawn's and we talked. suddenly more people came and i don't know but i think she spiked my drink or shawn's brother did. i don't remember what happened after that."