thirteen

wednesday 9:00 p.m

"who owns this place? it looks so much better than my apartment." pia said as her and amalie made their way through the elegant lobby.

amalie knew shawn owned it, because he told her on her way home from enya's cottage.

"i'm not sure, i thought it was your boyfriend's place." amalie lied as she nudged pia's shoulder.

"no, chris lives in brooklyn."

"more like he lives at your place."

"shut up! he's gonna be here, he might hear us."

amalie rolled her eyes stopping at the door, "through all this noise? i don't think so."

the door was opened by the one and only chris. pia's face immediately lit up as she kissed her boyfriend passionately. amalie stood there awkwardly trying to make her way pass the very touchy couple. to her dismay she bumped into shawn.

"you made it." he smiled down at her.

"yup, i'm here." she nodded uncomfortably.

shawn chuckled at her gesture, "can i offer you a drink?"

"no thanks i don't drink." she replied over the noise.

"i'll respect that." shawn said. "so what are you up to?"

"i'm pia's designated driver." she answered truthfully.

"you're what?" shawn, who was dying to be alone with her as creepy as that sounds, pretended not to hear so he could invite her upstairs.

"i'm driving pia home!" she said louder.

"sorry i can't hear! wanna go up?" shawn pointed to the stairs.

amalie followed him to one of the rooms which was already taken by pia and chris. it was not an image they wanted to see.

"um how about we go somewhere else?" shawn laughed.

"yes please."

they headed over to shawn's secret room. it's where he kept his old guitars and stuff from back home.

amalie looked around in awe at all the guitars, but one thing stood out.

"we love you shawn." she read out loud looking at one of the posters on his wall. "i didn't know you had fans."

"it was a high school thing." he shrugged. "i don't play anymore."

"oh my gosh," amalie laughed seeing his headshot for magcon. "you were a viner!"

"again, i thought i could be some famous singer or something,"

"looks like you had so many fans," amalie stared at his wall of fan art before turning to him, "what stopped you?"

shawn didn't feel like discussing the night his little sister died, "i wanted to do something else."

"so you chose to be an architect over teen sensation?" amalie said in disbelief.

"i want to design houses! stop judging me!" shawn laughed.

amalie laughed along before picking up the acoustic guitar beside the sofa where shawn sat, "play something."