epilogue

one year later
saturday 9:45 p.m

it was amalie's twenty first birthday and the girls decided to throw a party for her. it was supposed to be a surprised but word got around the campus and amalie got invited to her own party.

the party had started and the girls who threw it were already late. they managed to make it to the club just a few minutes late. fashionably late.

natalie walked in wearing a yellow off the shoulder dress that complimented her dark complexion. she was at peace with her body. she looked and felt absolutely stunning.

aisha entered after with her sparkly black hijab and a flowy silk long sleeve dress. her makeup was done to perfection making her green eyes pop.

next came enya who wore a floral romper and a gorgeous man on her arm. after a year of saying she can't be tied down, she found herself an incredibly hot med student.

pia came in wearing a cropped white tube top and high waisted button up track pants that showed off her long legs. chris was in awe the entire time.

finally, the birthday girl strutted in wearing a black body con dress that fitted her perfectly. she wore a sparkly tiara on top of her head and was ready to party.

like the first party that they went to in freshman year of college, pia, natalie and enya left with their men leaving the iconic duo, aisha and amalie alone at the corner of the club.

"to be completely honest with you, this isn't actually a birthday party." aisha confessed.

amalie laughed, "sis i been knew. i mean after all, enya and pia were the ones who planned it. plus we're in a club with people i don't even know."

"and there's no cake." aisha added.

"oh true! how did i not realize!" amalie agreed.

"that is why i brought you this." aisha said retrieving a small box in her purse.

amalie opened it to reveal a cupcake, "aisha, you did not."

aisha pulled out a candle and walked over to the smokers table asking them for a lighter. she came back and put the lit candle on the cupcake.

"make a wish." aisha said.

amalie closed her eyes and wished to see her boyfriend shawn again. it's been a little bit over a year since they last saw each other in person. they talk everyday but it wasn't the same. she blew the candle and opened her eyes.

"i'd ask you what you wished for but then it won't come true." aisha said pulling the candle out of the cupcake.

the two split it in half and ate while watching drunk people dance.

"enya looks so happy with matt." aisha pointed out as they watched them spin around on the dance floor.

amalie agreed admiring the happy couple, but suddenly her view was blocked.

"so are you just gonna sit there or are you gonna dance with me?" the tall guy asked.

amalie's wish had come true. right in front of her stood the boy she fell in love with.

"shawn!" she jumped up to her feet and engulfed him into a huge hug.

"happy birthday, princess. i told you we'd see each other later." he smiled kissing her passionately.

"i thought you had a lot of work and couldn't make it!" amalie said.

"did you really think i'd choose work over my girl?" shawn asked raising his eyebrow.

"ugh go get a room you two!" aisha joked leaving the two alone.

"i missed you so much. remind me to never to go a full year without you ever again." amalie said.

"oh you won't have to." shawn replied. "i'm moving back in three months. i didn't like the architecture program in toronto and nick is moving to los angeles so i'm coming back."

"are you actually?! damn it i thought i got rid of you for good." she joked actually feeling extremely happy that her and shawn didn't have to be 500 miles away.

shawn chuckled pulling amalie back into his embrace, "you know, it's a shame that i fell in love with you, because you're gonna have to try a lot harder to get rid of me."

the end!