twelve

friday 8:00 am

the weather decided to be a little bitch today. the forest where enya's cottage was located was covered in a thick layer of fresh snow. it made it almost impossible to see where they were going.

"the road isn't clear and the snow is getting really high, i think we'll have to walk from here," aisha, who was having trouble driving further into the forest said.

"and where are we going to park my car?" pia asked.

"there's a cottage rental place we passed, it's only a block away," enya suggested. "we can park there."

"a block makes a huge difference when walking in the cold." amalie said looking up from her phone. she has been texting shawn the entire way there.

"you got any other suggestions?" aisha asked.

"it can't be that bad, it's a good way to burn that burger you had." natalie said patting amalie's knee.

amalie laughed, lightly punching natalie's arm. deep down she wanted to punch her hard in the nose.

aisha eventually managed to park in one of the vacant spots after a good five minutes. after that, the girls grabbed their duffel bags and made their way to the cottage.

they soon made it to the top of the snow covered hill where enya's cottage was. as they got closer to the entrance, a boy stepped in front of them causing the girls to scream out of surprise.

"hello i'm carter. i'm the electrician." the boy said. he looked young but had an old face.

"good morning." pia said politely. he just stared at her which gave her the creeps. she slid pass him after a few seconds of uncomfortable staring.

the girls walked into the cottage being welcomed by the warm air. they set their bags in their chosen rooms before making lunch.

pia, aisha and enya went out to get firewood which left amalie and natalie together to make lunch.

"do we have to use the potatoes?" natalie whined as amalie peeled the potatoes. "it's a carb."

amalie tried her best not to throw the vegetable peeler at natalie's face, "it's good for you, we already discussed this."

"fine but if i gain-"

"then don't eat it." amalie interrupted.

she was just so done today. it wasn't natalie. she was just getting on her nerves, but she's not the main cause of her annoyance. it was shawn.

the whole ride to the cottage, he texted her. sweet, right? wrong. it's risky. especially with natalie sitting beside her. she doesn't want to tell her friends because it'll break nat.

plus, amalie is still convinced that shawn is just trying to get into her pants.

the other girls arrived and they began to eat lunch.

"what are we gonna do this weekend?" pia asked.

"we were supposed to go skiing tomorrow but there's a snowstorm coming so we'll be stranded." enya said.

"a snowstorm? what about our power?" natalie asked.

"i could ask my grandma to send carter." enya said grabbing her phone.

"we can watch movies and play board games." amalie suggested.

"yeah," pia agreed. "i also brought my makeup we can do makeovers."