Chapter 22. lost

Dippers pov.

After she had left, I looked to mabel. "We are both lucky to have her. You: as a best freind, me: as a girl I care about. I said, as she nodded. "I would give anything to have beautiful wings like that.. Fly, through the mist of the night, without a care in the world.. Wouldn't you?" She jumped up on her bed, spreading her arms out, and flapping them. She ran around the room, flapping her imaginary wings with waddles oinking, and running at her feet. "Well, I guess. But Lets just leave her alone. We can't change how We are or what we are.. The only thing you can change is our reaction about it." I shrugged, plopping on my back onto my bed. She giggled. Yea, I guess so.. Well, goodnight dippingsauce. Goodnight sir waddles." she said, diving into her stuffies, and other stuff which was on her bed. "Goodnight mabel." I said. I heard a grunt. "Waddles is still here brobro.." she mumbled sleepily, sticking an arm out of her stuffie hole, to pat waddles. I laughed. "Goodnight waddles." I smiled, gazing out the window at the clear moon. Clouds were gathering, and it soon started raining. "Nature is so amazing." I got starry eyed for a split second. "Welp, better not get too attached to the nature.. Moving on to the journal." I said, extending a hand underneath the dresser alongside my bed. I suddenly got panicked. "Where is it!!" I squeaked. I shot up, and started crawling the floor, in search of my journal. "Bill, I'm going to cut you up.." I mumbled. Mabel whistled. "Dipper, I'm trying to sleep." I Sat down "sorry. I just read a New subject every night. It keeps me up to date with the creatures, counting on the fact that we go exploring every other day. So I know how to get it away, if we just so happened to come into contact with it." I said In one breath. "So, we've seen/experienced.. Gnomes, hidebehind, manotaurs, mermaids, bill, Halloween trickster, multibear, wax figures, shapeshifter, zombies, Ghosts, Rumble Mcskirmish, Golf ball monsters, we've had some nice adventures over all those summers.. I need to learn more though.. I need it." I named them all out. "Ah, mermondo.. Good days."  I heard Mabel sigh. "Ugh.. Don't say that name again." I groaned. She rolled over. "Fine.. I'm not gonna." I shook my head. "Just wait." I suddenly spotted it across the room. "Oh." I got up, and walked over there. Once I got there. It wasn't there. It was a blank spot. "Wha- is this a trick of the light? I swear I... My goodness." I crawled around the floor around where I had seen it by the dresser. "Ok, now I know someone is messing with me. Chloe is probably asleep, Mabel is.." I looked over at Mabel and whistled lightly, all I got back was an indistinct groan. "Asleep, stan, probably asleep, on the couch with a bag of junkfood. Ford, probably inventing something.. Ok, Bill, Give it. I stood up, looking around. Nothing. Well.. That's just great. Do I literally have to go the night without New education?!" I squeaked, pulling at my hair.

After pacing around, I climbed into bed, and forced my mind clear. "C'mon you can do this.. Dipper, this is what Mabel was talking about, I need to cut down on smarts.. Go.to.sleep!" I told myself over and fell into a dreamless space.