Chapter 22

Emma Carters

I wake up to the voice of someone's screams plus cries and kicks. I slowly open my eyes and look around until my eyes land on Jason sleeping figure next to me, crying and screaming. 

 "Please don't leave me. Please. Come back. I love you. Emma, please stay." Jason cries. So, I am the one in Jason's dream. Leave? I'm not leaving, I am right here.

  "Stay with me, I'm begging you. Please." Jason cries louder and starts squirming. It hurts me to see him like this. I decide to shake him, hoping he'll wake up soon. 

"Jason? Jason wake up." I say softly, but he doesn't stop instead he keep crying and pleading to me not to leave him. He starting to scare me. "Jason, wake up please." I shake him more, but still he won't budge. "Jason, please wake up. I won't leave you, I'd promised you that." I whisper softly in his ears. Please wake up Jason, I thought scarily.  

 Jason finally listens to me and wakes up. He's breathing heavily with some tears in his soft cheeks. He locks his gaze into mine, pulls me into a tight hug and cries for a while. "Please don't leave me. Please." Jason pleads. It hurts me when I listen to his voice, it sounds so broken. "I know you'd promised me that you won't leave me, but please promise me again." Jason slowly pulls away and looks into my eyes. 

"I promise. I promise I won't leave you, ever." I smile and kiss his cheek softly. He smiles and pulls me down, laying on the bed we share. 

"Thank you. I love you." Jason softly whispers, scooting over and pulling me into his arms.

 "I love you too." I trail off and fall into a deep slumber.

▲▼▲

The next morning, I can't find Jason's figure next to mine. Where is he? I turn the other way around to check the time, 12:09. Holy crap! I overslept! I slowly get off the bed and walk to the bathroom to get ready. I do my daily routine; take a shower, wash my hair, shave, and brush my teeth. After I'm done, I walk to the closet, grab the 'lazy day' outfit, and put it on. I put my hair into a messy bun before walk downstairs. 

"Morning." I greet when I see Alex, Adam and the rest except Jason sitting in front of the TV. Only Ryan and Nick are watching, the rest either eating, fooling around or on the phone. 

"Morning." All of them mumble except Alex, "Emma, it's almost one, so it's not morning, it's suppose to be 'Good afternoon!' you know? So rephrase it or I won't greet you back." 

I roll my eyes at Alex's weirdness but do what he told me to, "Good afternoon Mr.Alex McCann, how is your afternoon sir?" I say sarcastically. "Happy now?" 

 "Very, Mrs. Emma Carters." He jokes. I roll my eyes. "Hey! Don't roll your eyes at me missy!" He growls playfully. I smirk and roll my eyes again to annoy him. 

  "By the way, where's Jason?" I ask. 

"Someone misses Jason, doesn't she?" This time it's Chaz who is speaking. I look down and slightly blush. "And she's blushing which means what I said is true!" Chaz teases. I still keep my gaze on the floor and hide my face in my hands so they won't see it. "Awe, it's alright, you don't have to hide your face. It's cute." Chaz teases again which makes me blush even more. I can hear everyone's laughing. 

 "And for your information, Jason's going out somewhere. He didn't tell us where he's going, he just said he's going out to do something, then within a second, he's gone." Alex tells me. 

I nod and plopping myself into the sofa next to Ryan. "Hey, how have you been? Jason didn't hit you anymore right?" Ryan asks. I shake my head no. "Good. You have no idea how worries Jason's when you're kidnapped. It's like he's losing something really important to him, and trust me, I've been friends with him for years but never saw him like that before. He really cares about you Em, but sometimes he can easily loses him temper." Ryan tells me. 

"Trust me, I know." I admit. Ryan looks at me for a moment and smiles. 

 "Good. Just please try your best not to hurt him okay? I never see him this happy like this morning for years, whatever you said or maybe did really made him happy." Ryan says. 

I blush when he said did. "We didn't do anything last night. We were just talking, at midnight." 

 "Midnight?" Ryan asks confusedly.

I nod. "I woke up I think around 2 or 3 to someone's crying. I looked around and caught it's Jason who's pleading and crying for me not to leave him. I think he's having a nightmare about me leaving him or something. I woke him up and assured him I won't leave him, I mean how can I said no when I saw him crying like that?" I tell Ryan. 

Ryan smiles and grins widely at me which makes me raise my eyebrow in confusion. "What? You're starting to scare me." I ask him when he didn't reply to my confusion face.

"You starting to like or maybe love him, don't you?" Ryan asks. 

When I'm about to reply him, I feel something suddenly pulls me away from Ryan. I scream in surprise which makes the person who pulls me burst into laughter. I turn around and see Jason's laughing so hard. 

"You almost scare me to death!" I hit him in the arm. 

"I'm sorry love. It's just you didn't realize that I'm home." Jason smiles innocently. "Come with me, I have a surprise for you." Jason says excitedly. I raise my eyebrow at him. "Just come with me please?" He gives me his puppy eyes that I can't decline. I sigh and nod. He quickly drags me to our room and tells me to sit. He gets out for moment and coming back within a minute with both of his hand at his back.

"Now, I want you to close your eyes before I hand you something." Jason demands. I nod and close my eyes. A moment later I feel something smooth and fluffy in my hands. I open my eyes and see the most adorable bunny ever! 

 I look over at Jason and grin widely at him. "Thank you so much Jason! I've always want a bunny but my parents said no since I already have a dog." I thank him. 

  "Anytime love." He smiles back and sits next to me. 

"I'll name you Snowflake since my dog's name is already Snow." I stroke Snowflake's smooth fur. 

 "Um, Emma, can I ask you something?" Jason asks nervously. I hum in respond and look at him. "Will you be my girlfriend, like be my real girlfriend?" 

----------------------------------------------------