Chapter 45

Third Person

Emma is currently laying on bed, reading The Selection that Caleb gave her yesterday. Even though Caleb just gave her, she's already in love with the book. America and Maxon have to start dating soon, she thinks while she is reading the chapter where America and Maxon are hanging out in the garden.

Suddenly, someone is knocks on the door which makes Emma groan because whoever the person is, had interrupted her bonding time with her book. She places the bookmark on the page she's currently reading and places it on the night stand before walks toward the door and open it. It revels Caleb's tall figure who has an emotionless expression on his face. Caleb just barges in without saying anything which makes Emma rolls her eyes.

 "Yeah, you may come in," she says sarcastically then closes the door behind her. She walks over her bed, who Caleb currently sits on, and sits down beside him. "So, what's wrong? You don't look like yourself," Emma asks.

Caleb just sits there and looks at the ground, completely ignores her. Emma slowly takes his hand in hers and squeezes it. Caleb looks at her as Emma gives her a comforting smile. "I know you want to tell me something. Just tell me what you need to tell me," Emma assures as she squeezes it tightly.

Caleb looks hesitates. He opens his mouth then closes it again. Emma squeezes his hand again to calm him down. Caleb sighs, "I honestly don't know how you will take it." Emma looks at him with a raised eyebrow. What does he mean? Emma asks herself. She gives him a go-on look. "Um, well," Caleb starts and turns away to ignore eyes contact before mumbling things that no one would understand.  

Emma gives him a look, "Pardon? Speak English please." 

Caleb sighs before turns to her, making eyes contact. "I hope you can take this well. And please, try not to cut in until I finish okay?" He asks and she nods. "Jason came here earlier," he starts. Emma is about to cut off but Caleb looks at her sternly which makes her closes her mouth. "Johnson knew it. And when Jason came here to take you, Johnson knew it. Both of them had a mouth argument before it turned into a fight, real fight. Unfortunately, Johnson told Jason about, um, our engagement, he didn't take it well. That's why Johnson won the fight because Jason was distracted," Caleb explains. 

Emma is crying by the time Caleb finished explaining it. "So where is Jason now? Is he okay? How did you know about this? Wh-" Caleb cuts her off. 

"I heard yelling so I walked toward the yelling and saw Jason and Johnson were in the middle of fighting."

 "You ignored my first two questions Caleb, please answer me. Is Jason alright?" Emma asks, her voice is cracking. 

Caleb looks down before answers, "I don't think so. He's pretty beaten up." 

As soon as Emma heard that, she starts sobbing. Caleb pulls Emma into his chest and rubs her back comforting her. "Shh, it's going to be alright. He's going to be alright," Caleb whispers softly in her ears. 

Emma sobs for another half an hour before pulls away from Caleb and wipes her tears. "Is he here?" She asks. Caleb hesitantly nods. Emma gets up and walks to the door but Caleb holds her back. "Caleb what are you doing?! Let me go and see him!" Emma cries. 

 It breaks Caleb to see her like this, but he has to obey Johnson or something bad will happen. "I'm sorry Emma, but I can't let you see him. I'm so sorry," Caleb apologizes sincerely. "It's your dad's orders and Johnson's, I'm sorry." Caleb pulls her back into his arms and hugs her closer to him. 

Emma uses all her strength to pull back, either by hitting him or pushing him off from her, but he won't budge. She still can't believe her father has turned into a heartless monster. She hates her father with passion. She finally gives up and cries -- or sobs -- into his arms. And again, Caleb tries to comfort her. 

On the other hand, the gang heard everything, starting from Jason and Johnson's argument until the fighting part. They also knew Jason had been taken into a dark basement because Jason told them earlier. Jason also told them the way to get him from the basement. From the moment they enter the main entrance until the way to the basement. 

Adam, as their plan planner, starts planning how to get Jason out or maybe Emma. They start discussing the plan but can't seem to find a perfect plan. They somehow know that there isn't only Johnson so it will be pretty hard since they have no idea who might help Johnson. And also, they know Johnson is a pretty good fighter that's why he was Jason and Alex's second hand in command.

Back to Jason, he is currently laying on the cool hard ground thinking how to get Emma out. All he can thinks about is either Emma's safety or how to get Emma out. He seems like he can't get her out from his mind. He feels so close to Emma yet so far. He sighs before slowly closing his eyes, hoping by taking a nap for a moment, he will get better.

_________________________________________

I'm sorry it's short

Like usual, tell me what you think and FEEDBACK please.

I've been dying to ask you this question: What would you do if you were Emma for a day? (either romance or drama or any situation)

Comment below your answer and thank you for reading (: